Back to work. A little advice.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BlackC55

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
E55K SL500 E250X2 Smart44 Brabus Track car E450Cabriolet X350 Pick up
Hello MBClub.

We are back to work now on a part time basis. Doing a split shift system that seems to be working well so far. I have to keep my staff and customers safe.

We are cleaning down the interior of every car we work on. Steering wheel, switches handles etc etc.

If you are taking your car to a garage, please make sure its clean on the inside at least. Use anti-bac wipes or spay. This will help the people working on your car and you also to prevent the spread of the virus. Car interiors are a hive for bacteria. I spent 30 mins cleaning a steering wheel the other day.....

Hope you all are well.

Olly

Hello MBClub.

We are back to work now on a part time basis. Doing a split shift system that seems to be working well so far. I have to keep my staff and customers safe.

We are cleaning down the interior of every car we work on. Steering wheel, switches handles etc etc.

If you are taking your car to a garage, please make sure its clean on the inside at least. Use anti-bac wipes or spay. This will help the people working on your car and you also to prevent the spread of the virus. Car interiors are a hive for bacteria. I spent 30 mins cleaning a steering wheel the other day.....

Hope you all are well.

Olly
Really pleased to hear that you are back to work. Hope it all goes well for you and you can keep enough work going through to make it worthwhile.
On the flip side this forum will be the poorer for you having less time to answer the technical questions.
All the best with your reopening.

Not trying to be funny or awkward ; I applaud what you're doing , but don't you get disposable plastic steering wheel covers for use in workshops , much as you do the seat covers , usually to avoid getting oily marks on the interiors , but would also work the other way round . Besides , I'm guessing you and your guys will also be wearing nitrile gloves anyway .

Howard Hughes , who was paranoid about germs used to wrap cellophane over the controls of his aircraft .

Welcome back. Hope you recover from this fiasco promptly.

Basic hygiene and hand washing and social distancing will keep this bug under control.... at least until next winter.

Best wishes.

I feel your pain blackc55 i too work in a garage and its pretty disgusting when you get in a car and there is dirty snot rags lurking especially when you go to pull the door shut and they have been stuffed into the handle, used tooth picks and all manner of soiled things going about, it brings a shudder through me every time

Good you are back Ollie.

The Comand / Unique workshop remained open throughout, observing the distancing and cleanliness guidelines of course. There was/is a stream of customers who we were/are able to help although nothing like normal. It’s getting busier again which is good. Let’s hope all businesses can recover from this devastation.

Can I just add to this, I’m a lorry driver and our trucks work 24/7, so it’s one driver out and next one in, we use disinfectant spray and cloths, make sure you put it on the cloths and not on to the dash etc, the number of electrical problems were having now is unreal, from simple mirror switches not working, to computers for pumping systems not working, and radio displays have gone off, just be careful it could be an expensive fix :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom