Backbox/Muffler Delete CLS 500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aaron-P85

Car
CLS 500
Seems I can't find a decent garage to chop out the backbox and weld in a straight pipe for me keeping the OEM tips?!?!?!
They've all said they'd want to make new backboxes and 'abit' pipework...money is money as far as I'm concerned, and a simple job can only mean more profit/less time?!

Can anybody recommend a garage that can do this for me in South Shields/Newcastle area?

Not sure if he will be able to do it but try Stans Autos in south shields (he has a Supercharged S63) and is a top bloke (ask for Stan)
If not Prestige German cars near Simonside.

Should be simple, I paid £100 to have my back box cut off and the AMG tips welded on to a bit of straight pipe. Sounds nuts with minimal drone.

Not sure if he will be able to do it but try Stans Autos in south shields (he has a Supercharged S63) and is a top bloke (ask for Stan)
If not Prestige German cars near Simonside.
Never thought of Stans!
Was speaking to Jon at PGC's the other month he said it's not something he'll do and recommended AAS in newcastle but they don't want to know haha I can't give money away!!:fail:doh:

Is the exhaust stainless on these? If not I can see me doing it myself!

Last edited:
Never thought of Stans!
Was speaking to Jon at PGC's the other month he said it's not something he'll do and recommended AAS in newcastle but they don't want to know haha I can't give money away!!:fail:doh:

Is the exhaust stainless on these? If not I can see me doing it myself!

I am sure Stan does welding work so will be happy to help a fellow MB owner. If he cant then i know one place that will be able to help......MSL (Birmingham).

I hear you say why would i drive all the way down there....Ha Ha one trip to MSL and Acid (owner) will have you coming back all the time.
Imran is a legend with the welder. And Acid and the team can do weird and wonderful things to our cars:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom