Backing up a Sat Nav Disc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony M

Car
Porsche 997 Turbo Cab
I have one of the latest discs which has copy protection. I wish to make a back up copy for my own use.

I have tried using an assortment of copy sortware but even these programmes can't copy the disc.

Any computer Gurus that can advise me how to do it ?

Have you tried Oxygen 120?

The one I had high hopes for was Alcohol 120, but Alcohol didn't help, so I will now try oxygen. Hopefully Google has sorted their problems and I can find the Site.

Does anyone have an adress for the oxygen site ?

http://www.teleatlas.com/doc/en/uk/teleatlas_3rd_quarterly_results_2003.pdf
"First CDs with enhanced copy protection released
In cooperation with one of the world’s leading parties
in copy protection, Tele Atlas released enhanced
copy-protected CDs in the third quarter. The new
copy protection makes it impossible to operate
copied CDs in a navigation system. According to
market information we can expect this improvement
to contribute to revenue growth."

It appears to be some sort of SafeDisc 2 protection (weak / bad sectors).
Not many CD burners can make accurate copies of these disks. A good source
of further information is the forum on www.cdfreaks.com.

The image in this archive was burnt using a Lite-On LTR-52327S and works
perfectly in a Blaupunkt DX navigation system.

Ooops. Meant Alcohol 120.

/stupid mode off.

You could also try Clone CD or Clone DVD. I have used both programs to copy write protected disks to good effect.

I use Roxio Easy CD Creator and it has never failed in standard mode never mind some RAW mode that can read and copy special raw data with P-Q & P-W sub channels... I'd reccomend this program anytime... Its also good for DVD's...;)

Let me know if you need a copy and I can post it to you...

Cheers RR

Guys!

This thread started off kinda acceptable with phrases like "back up copy for my own use" but it's descended into a discussion about activities which are basically illegal!

If you want to talk about this kind of topic please can you discuss it via PM/e-mail, not on a public forum where everyone can read about it! ;)

The owners of the site are, in the end, held liable for the content. If people post dodgy stuff and someone decides to take action then it's the generous hosts, admins and moderators and in the end the rest of the members who will have to suffer the consequences. Please consider the subject matter more seriously next time guys!

Also, it was posted in the wrong section! ;) I am locking this thread so no-one else will be able to reply. Sorry! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom