Backing up Teleatlas CD's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alfie

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
W169 A, W205 C, R172 SLC, W447 vantastic
As some of you know I dabble in the supply of COMAND units. Recently I decided to purchase an up to date Teleatlas disk for my own COMAND. Having spent £188 (including postage) on the Michelin variety I was keen to back it up in case it got damaged. Having previously backed up my 2004 disk I thought this would be easy. Not so. The new disks appear to be protected very well and despite all my efforts to create just a single backup, this one wont copy.

Having tested my COMAND with my previous backup (2004) and the new 2005/2006 michelin disk, I find the new disk is far quicker at reading and hence drawing maps. So the moral is dont use copied disks. They are not as good as the originals, if they work at all!

If anyone has a genuine 2005 GB Teleatlas disk (without/without TMC) for sale I'm interested in it for my wifes car.

Alfie,

I also have tried to back up my French 2004 Teleatlas disk with various software decrypter products (ie CD Clone) that I have but without success. However I would like to back up an early (2001) UK Command CD which I have tried without success and would like to know the method you use for this version.

tamrsoft said:
Alfie,

I also have tried to back up my French 2004 Teleatlas disk with various software decrypter products (ie CD Clone) that I have but without success. However I would like to back up an early (2001) UK Command CD which I have tried without success and would like to know the method you use for this version.

I have managed to backup my 2004 GB TMC disk successfully with B's Gold recorder on an LG DVD/CD writer. However, no can do with 2005/2006 michelin disk.

Having experimented with a backup copy of a disk, I would recommend always using a genuine disk as they perform better/quicker and are legal of course. I intend to keep my backup copy (2004 TMC) purely for backup purposes. I'm working on making sure my £180 investment in the latest disk is not lost when/if my disk gets scratched.

After loosing my 2004/2005 disc when the car was broken into, I have also tried to copy the 2005 disc with roxio and others. some programs find that the disc is copy protected others dont.

I used cdcloner and a disc was produced which appeared to contain the files but the command failed to recognise it as a DX disc.

I have come across problems at work with some cd players not recognising 700Mb CD roms. does anyone know what discs the command 2.0 will recognise. The cd changer works ok with 700Mb discs for audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom