Bacon roll poll

What's the best Bacon Roll

• Brown Sauce

Votes: 62 50.4%
  • Red Sauce

Votes: 30 24.4%
  • No sauce

Votes: 24 19.5%
  • Lettuce & Tomato (not usually an option in a greasy spoon)

Votes: 7 5.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ade B

MB Enthusiast
Car
2006 Accord Tourer iCDTI EX
Brown sauce or Red?

Just munched my first bacon roll for a long time, ran this morning [said Hi to a muzzelled Jack Russell] and then cycled to work so starving.

It was excellent.

No police topics here please.

Ade

PS. Didn't post for bread types, but this morning was white.
PPS. Should say from a greasy spoon type caff - no executive club sandwiches.

Last edited:
Ketchup my good man.

But if i am in a high class establishment , i prefer my own custom roll .... i call it the BLM ..

Bacon , Lettuce and Mayonnaise , bacon must be piping hot and crispy , lettuce must be iceberg and COLD , mayo must also be straight from the fridge.

Red. Brown sauce for hot dogs ;)

Where is the fried egg option?

Isn't this a simple north/south divide thing with people with northern roots preferring brown sauce and southerners red?

RegaeeRegaee "Love Apple" Sauce :bannana:

Brown Sauce. No contest.

I saw a copper eating one with red sauce once. How dare they! I pay my taxes for them to catch burglars, not eat soppy southern sandwiches.
I think this is all leading to a police steak.

Isn't this a simple north/south divide thing with people with northern roots preferring brown sauce and southerners red?

To be fair I quite like both, although the best bacon roll has a fried egg in it too, and the yoke runs. Delicious.

To be fair I quite like both, although the best bacon roll has a fried egg in it too, and the yoke runs. Delicious.

Thats a bacon and egg roll, and thats best with Worcester sauce.

Stick to the rules. ;)

Ade

No sauce.

Smoked bacon from the local butcher in the village - needs no adulteration - warm crusty roll and butter with sea-salt crystals.

Been trying to be good recently.......now thinking about a trip to the butcher and the baker....

Last edited:
No sauce.

Smoked bacon from the local butcher in the village - needs no adulteration - warm crusty roll and butter with sea-salt crystals.

Ben trying to be good recently.......now thinking about a trip to the butcher and the baker....

Ben can be good.
You don't have to.

Brown on normal bacon. Nowt at all if it's black treacle cured bacon.

Need another option - the "northern bint" option :D Had to go for the brown sauce option - but I'm also partial to red sauce - it's the bacon that's critical - must be smoked, must be crispy, must be hot.

Also like mushrooms on it :D

Tend to like lots of butter too - but am trying to be good:rolleyes:

Greasy spoon generally means compromise - but at home, as they're always cooked for me - I don't really mind:D

large_images_19.jpg

Nuff said :D

There is a certain magic to a good greasy spoon though, might be the special aroma of blocked extract filters which follows you around for the rest of the day :D

Good bacon is an essential, could you imagine a world without bacon?

Ade

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom