Bad decision?What is this 236.12?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AkisGr

Car
CLS 320 with Brabus D6 and KW SC
I just realised i might have made a wrong order.
I acquired some days ago a Brabus D6 chip for my CLS 320cdi,and thought of renewing engine and transmission fluids and filters together with the D6 installation.
So i ordered 10lt of "Castrol Edge fst turbo diesel 5w40" oil for the engine and
10lt of "Fuchs Titan 3353 for MB 236.12" for the 7g-tronic.

I found out before i make the order,that 3353 is the fluid spesifically made for the 7gtronic and as MB stated,only shell and fuchs makes it.
So i placed the order being sure its the right one.
But then i thought of the "..for MB 236.12" that was on the title of the product and started worrying it might not be the right one(or the better one).
I found out many other codenames like 236.11, 236.13, 236.14, 236.15...

If anybody can shed a bit of light on this,will be much of a help,so that i might be able to cancel it on time!

Last edited:
236.12 is fine, well it is now used and recommended by Mercedes, and is far cheaper and eaiser to find than the 236.10.

However, it is slightly thinner, and I started to get flaring after swapping over to it. Not sure if it just showed up the worn valves a bit more and would have started flaring soon after anyway, and I will never know.

I bought a valve body and electronic plate from Rob at Three Pointed Parts for £120 from a low mileage car and was brilliant after that.

But it is the recommended fluid.

Thank you both for the help. The links were enlightening.
I guess mine falls in the category "7-speed automatic transmission 722.9 up to transmission sequence number 2834526".
So it seems i need to find some 236.14 oil for my gearbox.
Thanks again.

Sorry, I was replying thinking you said you had the 722.6?

Reading again you are saying you have the 7G?
That needs Fuchs 4134 really.

Not sure if you can use a 236.12 in there?

it's ok, we all get confused with the gazillion Mercedes codes.
Yeah ,at first i made the wrong order for 236.12 cause on the 7g-tronic brochure that i found on the net,it said it needed a new,special oil,the ATF 3353.But canceled it later.
And ordered 10lt of Fuchs Titan 4143.The MB 236.14
Thanks again.

Last edited:
Aha... must be this then:

Untitled.png

Yeap,thats the one. It's what my delicate 7g-tronic needs to cope with the turbodiesel torque..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom