Bad news on 360 degree cameras

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScottBacon

Car
F80 M3 Yas Marina Blue
Been told today that MB have supplier problem with the 360 degree cameras. Any cars being built through July will not be supplied with this option which seems almost unbelievable to me?

That includes my car :(

V bad news as that particular option really appeals to me / probably many of us

Balls! What a downer. Sorry dude :(

On the positive side, it's an ok option but not spectacularly good/useful in most situations.

It wouldn't be a deal breaker in future for me (and I love kit).

Not good all round then. As John says, it's nice to have not a need to have. Don't let it worry you that much, you will hardly miss it.

I have 360 cameras on my Discovery and my wife finds them useful (ahem) when it comes to parking. But only if I navigate through the various menus for her to switch them on.

If it is important to you I would say wait. It does surprise me when they have these supply issues. Last year it was pano roof delays.

There's more problems too.

Anyone wanting diamond white might be in for a surprise. They run out of it by Sept :eek: unbelievable isn't it. I'm sure the supplier will come good though.

Interesting about the camera because when I got it added to my order, the dealer came back with a message saying "I have just managed to get this added to your car as it seems they have run out on most models!"

So I knew it was in short supply. I haven't been told I'm not getting it yet though...

Will update

There are supply issues, but you should have been fine if the order had already been placed with the factory. Normally they'll only accept an order if they have all the options available that you've specified.

Just got a reply from my dealer saying that yes there are supply issues but echoing what JBD says, my car is still coming with the 360 camera as it was confirmed upon order submission.

They don't just run out of Diamond White, I believe it's being discontinued and eventually replaced with a new kind of metallic white (let's hope it's less creamier).

A friend who's just ordered a C63 can't get Diamond White because of this and, whilst he's happy with flat white, the RV's are lower because it's not metallic....which is just farcical because I've never known anyone be offered more or less money for a white car based on the type of white (or indeed any colour for that matter).

My order has been delayed by 3 months because of this feature and if I knew it would be such a hassle I frankly would not have gone for it.

Recommend everyone to avoid including this feature on their car till there is proven track record of no delays due to this feature.

If they told me it was delayed because of it, I would remove it no problem - not that fussed.

My order has been delayed by 3 months because of this feature and if I knew it would be such a hassle I frankly would not have gone for it.

Recommend everyone to avoid including this feature on their car till there is proven track record of no delays due to this feature.

No, the solution is to double check that the dealer has that option available in the time frame you want delivery in. It's really the dealers responsibility, we all get lists for option availability. There does seem to be an unprecedented demand for the camera though

Doh - I'll be putting in my order for a e cab in the next couple of weeks and wanted this option..... quote has been based with it included...:(

Doh - I'll be putting in my order for a e cab in the next couple of weeks and wanted this option..... quote has been based with it included...:(

Different model. Availability will be completely different

I don't think it matters how good you are at parking. We are all human and mistakes can happen so having it just helps. I mean I'm sure we are all probably old enough to have started driving before parking sensors but I wouldn't want to go back to not having them if possible.

I guess the demand is a similar thought pattern and that I think the price of it is dirt cheap. Normally I'm used to being stung hard on options but this one seems like a steal almost ;)

My car should be in production now with the cameras but JBD did tell me at the time that their next build slot made this impossible. Hence why my car should be with them next month even though I'm not picking it up until Sept 1st. That is if I can continue to resist! Lol

I'd have waited for this option myself. They had it on the demo car I drove and and me and the wife were extremely impressed. It's far clearer than the cameras BMW currently use, very high res image.

Been told today that MB have supplier problem with the 360 degree cameras. Any cars being built through July will not be supplied with this option which seems almost unbelievable to me?

That includes my car :(

V bad news as that particular option really appeals to me / probably many of us

Hi Scott please can you PM me the details? Many thanks

Use the option as a bargaining tool, "I want the 360 camera, what do you mean it's not availably as I'm ready to order now!" Might get something off to complete the order without it :bannana::D

Just a thought

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom