Bad quality sound

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

petenaylor

Car
CLK 350 Convertible
I have a 1997 w210 turbo diesel with the audio 10 cassette player. The unit works perfectly with the engine off but when driving after roughly 10 minutes the audio goes very distorted and swaps to just the driver's side. I have a Parrot CK3100 car kit plugged in too and when I use that the audio is fine, I have tried unplugging the car kit but it makes no difference. When I turn the engine off the audio gets better again so I don't think it is the stereo.

Does anyone have any ideas before I fit a comand system in place?
Thanks
Pete

I will try a diferent one later, I reckon it could be that. Cheers.

petenaylor said:
I will try a diferent one later, I reckon it could be that. Cheers.
Just trying to eliminate the variables!

If it all works fine with a different headunit I think we know where the blame should be directed.

If it's exactly the same then you have some more investigation to do (let's hope it's not that shall we!)

I know this might sound stupid, but have you tried a different tape? Or is it the same with the Radio aswell?

I had the same problem a few years ago, I found it to be some tapes.

You could also try adjusting the head/pickup. It can be done through a small hole in the body of the player, it might be covered. Sometimes the head becomes miss-alligned over time.

Just a thought, ciao.

Cheers for the replies, it does the same with the radio too. The car kit does use the same earth but i've tried it without the car kit and it still has the problem. I'll try the missus' stereo out of her car at the weekend when she's not looking! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom