Bad Vibration care to guess the cause.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flango

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes SLK R171
The Volvo has been out of action 2 days this week due to a very bad vibration which needed investigation, let me explain:

The vibration came on at 65 mph and just stayed there could not drive over it at all, at 75 mph it was so bad the whole dashboard would shake and the vibration could be felt throughout the whole of the car, felt as though it was going to shake itself to pieces. After looking at the obvious and Several phone calls to the local dealers to see if they had ever seen it before and phone calls to Volvo technical no one could shed any light on it.

Anyone care to have a guess what the problem was and it's not particular to the Volvo could happen on any car, I'll buy the closest a pint at the next GTG :thumb:

Has it recently been off road? Had dirt stuck inside the wheel of my older ML with the same effects on the motorway.

OK then, seeing nobody else wants to play, then I'll have another guess.............
Faulty shock absorber......

rear tyres worn

or

rear wheels out of balance

C240sport97 is kind of close with his first guess but it just needs expanding on.

Propshaft coupling...

Leads weights fell off inside of alloy?

Russ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom