bad vibrations inside cabin?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RickyBurrows

Banned
Car
Mercedes e320 cdi sport
This started yesterday I put the car (e320 cdi sport 07 plate) into reverse and felt very bad vibrations as I was going backwards, now today it happens on startup and when I put it into reverse it's constant bad vibrating, when in drive it dissappears but when I slow down to point of almost stopping it vibrates again on and off, this only happens constantly when reverse is selected but goes away when in drive, is it a gearbox mount, engine mount or worse?

You sure your gear box can cope wuth 600nm of torque after remap? Akso, did you have your ATF renewed prior to the remap?

What's an atf? And yeah it can hold another 100nm so I'm sure it's not that, I had a look today and leaning on the n/s engine it vibrates badly and going round left turns so yeah must be an engine mount, but I'm not sure which is bad so I guess I'd have to replace both :-( and looks a bit of a big job aswell.....bad times.

Auto transmission fluid. ;)

Auto transmission fluid. ;)

Oh thanks, as far as I'm aware that wasn't touched when the map was done, the cars always been serviced on time at mercedes so hopefully that rules that out?

Not necessarily, if the fluid is low in the box it can on occasions cause this.. check and replace both filter and fluid and report back. The fluid coming out should still be a nice cherry red colour, maybe slightly dark, but anything else would indicate a possible problem...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom