Bad Weather at open in kent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tommy2

Well the open is under way,shame that the weather is so bad in Kent,(saw it on BBC news) umberellas and such.
Such a glorious day here in Cheshire,has been for two weeks,I hope the weather in Kent improves before it finishes,or we could end up with a wash out like wimbledon or the final day at Queens,( I think thats somewhere near Kent) postponement and the like, or heaven forbid,like that miserable week at Ascot,actually,someone mentioned to me that the drought in the south,is one of the wettest on record, but who knows..
Never mind,next years open will be at Royal Lytham St Annes,so the weather should be good.

I live in Kent and yesterday the weather was OK.
Coastal areas get their own microclimates and generally dont extend inland for more than about 5 miles. I watched it on TV showing the wind screaming across the greens, yet here in Orpington it was quite calm and pleasant.
Links courses are notorious for their unpredictable weather.

Well the open is under way,shame that the weather is so bad in Kent,(saw it on BBC news) umberellas and such.
Such a glorious day here in Cheshire,has been for two weeks,I hope the weather in Kent improves before it finishes,or we could end up with a wash out like wimbledon or the final day at Queens,( I think thats somewhere near Kent) postponement and the like, or heaven forbid,like that miserable week at Ascot,actually,someone mentioned to me that the drought in the south,is one of the wettest on record, but who knows..
Never mind,next years open will be at Royal Lytham St Annes,so the weather should be good.

Hmm...

Cheshire, Lytham St Annes: north of The River

Kent, Wimbledon, Ascot: south of The River

You are a cabbie, aren't you? :D

By the way, Queen's Club is nowhere near Kent, unless you mean West Kensington. Why, it's not even south of The River...

Last edited:
Google maps will help for the uninitiated.

As VTD said above weather in Belvedere Kent - on the River Thames between Dartford and Greenwich - was excellent yesterday and is warm and sunny this morning. Could be blowing a gale at Sandwich tho!

The reason that the The Open is held on links courses is because that is where golf started - in the area between the sea and the land. The premier test of a golfer in most people's opinion - apart from certain American's who never turn up lol.

Our boy (McIlroy) didn't do wonderfully yesterday finishing +1. And he's out this afternoon when conditions will have deteriorated over what is a nice benign morning.

Watch out for 'our boys' Luke Donald / Lee Westwood /Jusin Rose / Ian Poulter / Sergio Garcia - lol

Hmm...

Cheshire, Lytham St Annes: north of The River

Kent, Wimbledon, Ascot: south of The River

You are a cabbie, aren't you? :D

By the way, Queen's Club is nowhere near Kent, unless you mean West Kensington. Why, it's not even south of The River...

Just a couple of points,"which river are you on about" and tell me ? how far Queens is from Kent and let everybody decide,if its close,I,ll bet that most people will think same as me, "its close"

Just a couple of points,"which river are you on about" and tell me ? how far Queens is from Kent and let everybody decide,if its close,I,ll bet that most people will think same as me, "its close"

Kent, at it's nearest point, is 20.25 miles from Queen's Club.

A cabbie wouldn't know that as it would involve going south of the river.

Point 1: "The River" is the one you seem have an aversion to crossing.

Point 2: Queens is about 3500 miles from Kent. Queen's Club, on the other hand, is not only on the other side of The River but also the other side of London. I would not be happy to be directed via Kent to get from, say, Cheshire to Kensington. So on that basis, it's nowhere near (though it may be nearer to Kent than some other places that are, erm, further away from Kent...).

I think this post has less to do with interest in the Open than in mischievously stoking a north-south spat. Treat with...contempt...deserves springs to mind...:dk:

I think this post has less to do with interest in the Open than in mischievously stoking a north-south spat. Treat with...contempt...deserves springs to mind...:dk:

Humour,sense of,lacking,springs to mind,dont you think.

North, South, River? We are talking about the River Ribble aren't we? :thumb::D

Our boy (Clarke) won!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom