Badge OR No Badge

Should i keep the badge

• Yes - Keep it you fool!!

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • No - Looks more sleek!!

Votes: 44 80.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Debadge, debadge, debadge, debadge, debadge.......

Edit: had another look, now I'm not sure....sorry!

Noooooo, opposite me thinks. Firstly it looks cleaner, secondly it doesn't SHOUT about the engine size. If it's a small engine, then it keeps quiet about it. If it's a big engine, it's far cooler to play it down...like talking about how much money you have....how vulgar ;)

Reminds me of the story ages ago (from the 80's?) about the German bloke who bought a BMW M5 straight from the factory, when they first came out. He asked for no badging to be put on the car. When he went to collect it, he produced a "520i" badge from his pocket and asked them to stick that on instead.:)

Crazyjester: How about going the full hog - take the star off as well. Can you photoshop that so we can see how it would look?

Edit: OK couldn't resist -

C220.jpg

Last edited:
Reminds me of the story ages ago (from the 80's?) about the German bloke who bought a BMW M5 straight from the factory, when they first came out. He asked for no badging to be put on the car.

As an aside, de-badging (generally) seems a lot more commonplace in Germany.

CJ900 - your car looks lovely! More pics we cry :)

I know thoughts on debadging has changed in recent years, although mine haven't.

So for my threepenorth worth, debadging an small version means it's small, while debadging an biggun, means you wont know how big it is. Just my opinion, but if it's purely aesthetics, then you will know best.

Personal taste is never wrong.

So for my threepenorth worth, debadging an small version means it's small, while debadging an biggun, means you wont know how big it is. Just my opinion, but if it's purely aesthetics, then you will know best

Agree with Frank, i think it looks bland and like its trying to be something its not.

Nice paintwork though!

Lynall

I think it looks better debadged, and it is far better to debadge than some bods who add extra badges, I'm sure you've all seen the AMG E220's out there.

The worst badges IMHO are those telling you what it is, like Turbo Diesel or Kompressor or 4matic etc etc.

I stopped liking badges once I left the scouts

The worst badges IMHO are those telling you what it is, like Turbo Diesel or Kompressor or 4matic etc etc.

I'd feel naked without my Turbodiesel badge filling space...no small lettering to clean out when washing it..:D
I once saw a W210 E280 badged up CDi....:rolleyes:

I liked my Kompressor badge on my umm, Kompressor, otherwise it would have looked like a plain C230. Well, it's down to personal opinion but I haven't debadged one of my cars. My golf I had to rebadge!

i just put new wheels on my car. Ill take some more shots with the car de-badged tomorrow. Thanks! I tried selling the car recently because i wanted a c36 but got no interest. So i now realise i have this car till i can afford 1 outright. So i want to make it more personal now. Not so concerned about re-sale. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom