Badger and a fox

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glojo

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 Sprinter 213CDI, & the new T-class
As the titles says..........

Last night at about 9-30pm I happened to notice a young fox come running into our back garden (we have a CCTC camera)

This fox sat in the middle of the lawn and then looked back in the direction he had come from.

Within about 10 seconds out trotted a badger that run towards the fox, they then playfully trotted towards my window but at the last minute decided to play a game of tag. This lasted for about 20 seconds before they both trotted off together into the undergrpwth.

What a beautiful, but very rare sight.

I used to live in an apartment with a shared lawn which we looked over. A vixen lived in the rhodedendrons in the centre of the garden. One summer she had 3 cubs which played on the lawn when she was out and about. At the same time a rabbit had some little ones close by. For a period of a few weeks the fox cubs and young rabbits were on the lawn at the same time without any hint of problems. As you say rare sights that are great to see.

Last night at about 9-30pm I happened to notice a young fox come running into our back garden (we have a CCTC camera)

This fox sat in the middle of the lawn and then looked back in the direction he had come from.

Within about 10 seconds out trotted a badger that run towards the fox, they then playfully trotted towards my window but at the last minute decided to play a game of tag. This lasted for about 20 seconds before they both trotted off together into the undergrpwth.

Glad to see you back with us John.

I'll call you in the morning.

Good days ,Bad days.

So glad for you that this was one of those good days ( or nights!:D )

Happy to hear from you again

Superb! Is this recorded?

Hi,

A slightly different 'fox' story but in the summer up to 6 foxes would congregate outside my house whenever I took the dog for his evening 'walkies'. After a few days I was able to feed one of these foxes by hand :D :D so he became slighter fatter and bushier than his less bold 'mates'. This lasted for several months till we came back from a weeks holiday in early November since when I have not seen hide nor hair of them ??????????????

Cheers,

PS welcome back John.

We have a fox with a Den at the bottom of our garden. I regularly feed him with meat and such by leaving it next to his den. One night I spotted him trotting up the garden towards the house. Thats the one and only time i've actually seen him/her. A little overweight I noticed though.

He/she is excellent at keeping other animals out of the garden though. Its as if they all know not to venture onto the lawn ;-) I have the flying pests (crows, pigeons, magpies and gulls) covered by other means ;-)

Yes we have it on a hard drive :)

Is it possible for it to be put online somewhere so we could see it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom