Baffled

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

artyman

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Kia E-Niro ex C 200 CDI Sport
I suspect like many I store my created videos in the video library on my PC, which is connected to my Samsung TV via an Ethernet cable which then allows me to watch them downstairs on the big screen. However after finishing my latest creation, it is not showing in the list of videos available.

I have tried disconnecting the cable to try and refresh the list as there is no refresh option on the TV but that didn't work either. I've checked the file permissions and it is the same as others which work fine. I'm baffled, has anyone any suggestions

Have you tried from a different device? i.e. do you have a lap top you could try from? Also have you tried other folders on your PC? Have you checked the folder permissions? sharing?

Perhaps a software update on the TV now requires Samsung Link (previously AllShare) to be installed on the PC as well?

Tried various combinations copying to other folders then back again, permissions appear to be the same as other files which work OK, as I said... Baffled!

do some simple debugging.
From the list that does show up, delete(copy first) one, then check on the TV, does it show up still?
(check if your new file is now listed, it may be limited to a number of entries)
If it does not show, copy the file back, does it now show? if Yes, you have your answer on how it refreshes the content, or IF it does refresh.

If all works, apart from your new file, double check that it is the same file type, down to the codec level and not just the container. by this, I mean a container file is an AVI, and the codec maybe divx etc.

markmifsud; said:
double check that it is the same file type, down to the codec level and not just the container. by this, I mean a container file is an AVI, and the codec maybe divx etc.

Thats what I was thinking.

I'm baffled too now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom