Baffling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chic0821

MB Enthusiast
Car
S63 AMG Coupe, Range Rover Sport, 992 Porsche Carrera 4S
Time for a B service on my S63 AMG Coupe. Booked it in & requested a courtesy car. We don't have any for the foreseeable future, but we will pick up your car & return it was the reply. OK, not a problem as I can use something else. This has happened before & two people usually arrive in one car, one picks up my car & off they both go. Not today, one person drove up, so I said, I thought you did not have a courtesy car. We don't he said, this is for us to use to pick up your car (although it said "Customer experience car" on the side). I asked what was to happen & he said I will leave this here, take your car away then return it sometime in the afternoon. So this car sat at my home all day. Could not make it up. What would happen to someone who only has one car, this sitting outside their home, but they cannot use it. This dealer is one of the largest in the country with multiple franchises, surely they could have offered something else, didn't have to be Mercedes, although they could have given me a Mercedes, the one sitting outside my home.

Time for a B service on my S63 AMG Coupe. Booked it in & requested a courtesy car. We don't have any for the foreseeable future, but we will pick up your car & return it was the reply. OK, not a problem as I can use something else. This has happened before & two people usually arrive in one car, one picks up my car & off they both go. Not today, one person drove up, so I said, I thought you did not have a courtesy car. We don't he said, this is for us to use to pick up your car (although it said "Customer experience car" on the side). I asked what was to happen & he said I will leave this here, take your car away then return it sometime in the afternoon. So this car sat at my home all day. Could not make it up. What would happen to someone who only has one car, this sitting outside their home, but they cannot use it. This dealer is one of the largest in the country with multiple franchises, surely they could have offered something else, didn't have to be Mercedes, although they could have given me a Mercedes, the one sitting outside my house.
Looking at your profile I wouldn’t have bothered with a courtesy car. Your cars are better.

Last edited:
It does seem to depend on the dealership and the availability as to whether you get a courtesy car, or not, whilst your car is being serviced.
I didn't bother with my last A service and just waited and drank their coffee, but the previous B service I was offered and gladly accepted a 1 year old C220CDi. The service manager apologised for not having an E63 or any other E lass at the time. Didn't worry me. I was only going home for the day and returning when the service was done.
This was at MB-Poole, one of the Sandown group of dealerships.
I'll be hoping for another next month, as my B service is due .

It's quite baffling how some of these companies operate nowadays; having said that, a lot of garages have stopped using courtesy cars since Covid: the need to ensure they're 'Covid Secure', courtesy cars are fully sanitised after each use by fully-trained 'covid-secure approved' technicians in hazmat safety PPE, who then issue a safety certificate stating that the car has been cleaned/sanitised in accordance with the latest protocols. That, and the need to send the cleaners on 3-week intensive safety course to gain certification might be a deciding factor. Possibly;)

Or perhaps they don't want any mileage accrued on their 'demonstrators', so can sell them at higher prices.

Looking at your profile I wouldn’t have bothered with a courtesy car. Your cars are better.
I agree, but don't want them driving the car more than necessary, that's why I asked for a car. (to be fair the guy's who picked up/delivered were a bit older & very courteous & did not look like the types who would thrash it) Also its good to see what another car is like

I agree, but don't want them driving the car more than necessary, that's why I asked for a car. (to be fair the guy's who picked up/delivered were a bit older & very courteous & did not look like the types who would thrash it) Also its good to see what another car is like
I look like that. It depends how you define 'thrash'...:devil:

to be fair the guy's who picked up/delivered were a bit older & very courteous & did not look like the types who would thrash it
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom