Bah - Rusty wheel arch on W203

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Robbo

Car
C320 (W203) & A170 (W169)
I guess my car has succumbed to the inevitable :(

I was giving the car a was and polish this morning when I noticed an area of paint bubbling up on the nearside rear wheel arch. It hasn't progressed that far yet but is inevitably going to get worse.

The car is going in for a service in a couple of weeks so I'll see what they say. I have full MBSH and have owned the car for 4.5 years so they better had agree to fix it.

I think this is a heads up for other W203 owners as mine was one of the first made back in Aug 2000 and so I'm leading the way.

Has anyone else got/heard of a W203 with rusty arches?

I guess my car has succumbed to the inevitable :(

I was giving the car a was and polish this morning when I noticed an area of paint bubbling up on the nearside rear wheel arch. It hasn't progressed that far yet but is inevitably going to get worse.

The car is going in for a service in a couple of weeks so I'll see what they say. I have full MBSH and have owned the car for 4.5 years so they better had agree to fix it.

I think this is a heads up for other W203 owners as mine was one of the first made back in Aug 2000 and so I'm leading the way.

Has anyone else got/heard of a W203 with rusty arches?

I have had the front wheel arch done and a new boot lid,The boot lid had started to rust from behind the high level brake light also the bonnet has a few spider marks,I am out of the two year service limit but will try them again. 220 CDI MY July 2000 W203

Thanks John. I share you pain.

Did they do a decent repair job?

Are they no good? I was going to go there. Do you have a bad experience with them?

Any idea if the shop Tony Purslow in Guildford use is any good?

They sent my W210 to their subcontractor [R&R Autos they're called I think] in Basingstoke to repair my tailgate - so far so good.

I've just had a damage repair done by MB Mitcham who subbed it out to Harrison & Palmer in New Cross [also on the MB approved list] and again so far so good.

Ive just had my W202 wheel arches done by the Dartford sub contracted body shop.....overspray all over the place....its been sent back.

I really hate having to deal with MB when it comest to bodywork via the warantee......you land up suffering from high blood pressure !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom