balanced and tracked

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

didgit

Car
Silver C220CDI
had to get a new tyre couple days ago, front left worn on outside edge,
after having all wheels rebalanced, all were out due to wear, i had the tracking checked, the car felt fine before but now it just glides along in a supper smooth way, and the steering wheel is level again,
i couldnt believe how far out the front end had gotten, apparently
drivers side +5
passenger -1
and the rears were a little out too.
i believe its not my driving thats done this because my parents also use the car, I have had words!!
highly recomend anybody getting bad tyre wear to get tracking done !!

Yeah its surprising how we tend to live with the niggles before we get them sorted out and then afterwards think why we didnt get done them sooner. Reminds me i need a hair cut! Btw, how many times have u let go of the steering wheel so far :D (dont try it at home kids!!!)?

Where did you have the tracking done and how much did it cost please?
:)

A lot of this out of true may be due to bad road surfaces, pot holes and the like. They cause havoc to a cars alignment, particularily if you hit them at speed. :crazy:

Brian WH said:
A lot of this out of true may be due to bad road surfaces, pot holes and the like. They cause havoc to a cars alignment, particularily if you hit them at speed. :crazy:
How's your car's tracking then Bri.? :devil: :p :D

S.

price of new tyre balance all wheels and tracking just under 120 notes, the local bloke.
let go of wheel several times now feels good to know it will go straight!!!
i need a hair cut too!!

Ian B Walker said:
Mb Price for camber adjustment £185 plus vat :crazy:

That sounds about right.

Just had mine done on the latest 4 wheel rig. I checked so closely I got involved in the job. :D
Took my MB specs sheet with me to check tollerances, so know it's right.

£45 at local indie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom