• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Banging my head against the wall !!

chris726

Car
glb
Bought a secondhand GLB from Mercedes of Croydon . On day of collection nothing was done to the car as promised by the salesman , nothing major . Again, he promised that the car would be brought in and issues addressed and
“ would I hold on with my feedback until I’ve made all this good !! “.
5 weeks later they took the car back . They had it for 4 weeks , phoned me the day before it was being given back me . I asked for a email confirming what they had done to the car since they l took it back in which was sent .
I have proof that what was stated was done in their email was not carried out .
I had already opened a complaints case up , I resent another email to the complaints team 3 weeks ago and still not heard anything other than it’s being dealt with .
This has been going on since June , I regret buying the car that I worked hard to afford . I feel I’ve been conned and blatantly lied to and Mercedes are doing absolutely nothing .
Has anyone any suggestions so I can resolve this stressful situation.
Thanks

You could go down the rejection route, if this is possible, being only 3 months or so, that may concentrate their minds.

Why did you accept the car on handover, knowing the work agreed upon, hadn’t been done.

Accepting the car with agreed faults is not relevant. Failure to carry out the agreed fix and then lying about the fix is the issue. You should write to the Dealer Principal clearly setting out your problems and require him to respond with a satisfactory proposal within 7 days.

If you have run out of patience with the time wasters then you can reject the car, get your refund and start fresh.

If you have run out of patience with the time wasters then you can reject the car, get your refund and start fresh.

As above.

Has anybody got experience of rejecting a car and the time frame, not in years past, but during the current new Mercedes Business Model?

If you reject the car in writing, stating all the issues, you’ll find a very sudden flurry of action.
And if you agree to allow them to try to fix them again, place a caveat that any failure to completely rectify all issues means that the rejection is still valid despite any dragging time they have the vehicle.
That they also supply a courtesy car.

When you return to collect it - don’t return in the courtesy car - drive home to ensure it’s all working, if it is return courtesy car next morning - if not, return the duff car and await the funds back into your account.

Bought a secondhand GLB from Mercedes of Croydon . On day of collection nothing was done to the car as promised by the salesman , nothing major . Again, he promised that the car would be brought in and issues addressed and
“ would I hold on with my feedback until I’ve made all this good !! “.
5 weeks later they took the car back . They had it for 4 weeks , phoned me the day before it was being given back me . I asked for a email confirming what they had done to the car since they l took it back in which was sent .
I have proof that what was stated was done in their email was not carried out .
I had already opened a complaints case up , I resent another email to the complaints team 3 weeks ago and still not heard anything other than it’s being dealt with .
This has been going on since June , I regret buying the car that I worked hard to afford . I feel I’ve been conned and blatantly lied to and Mercedes are doing absolutely nothing .
Has anyone any suggestions so I can resolve this stressful situation.
Thanks
It's a familiar story unfortunately - "don't worry it'll be all fixed when you collect." I'd never buy on that basis because all too often cars don't get fixed. As others have said send a rejection letter and move on. Plenty of used models on the market.

I have just had a similar experience with a Range Rover Fifty. The day after I picked it up, I noticed there was a crack in the A pillar plastic trim on the passenger side & when shutting the tail gate, the car thought it was open so you could not lock the car. Phoned salesman who immediately went on to the defensive, "could not happen here, three different sets of eyes on it during prep but will send the query to prep team". Had it not been 350 miles away, the car would have been on their doorstep. I booked it in to the main dealer to get the tail gate sorted (selling dealers warranty, don't get me started on that one). Tail gate fixed, but during the health check, they picked up a torn wiper rubber & bearing in mind the car was Mot'd the day before I picked it up:rolleyes: I also booked it in to have the A pillar trim replaced. All at my expense
One week later with no response from seller, I put an absolute awful review on Trustpilot, naming the salesman. Within an hour he was on the phone asking what I was doing ruining his reputation et, etc.. Asked if I would withdraw it & I said, pay for everything I highlighted. Not a problem, I shall reimburse you now was his reply.
This garage I dealt with had millions of pounds worth of stock. I had a tour of the facility & it was very impressive, not a back street outfit where every penny is a prisoner.
To original poster, get your review done now, don't hang back, name salesman & anyone else you dealt with. Only took an hour after the review went live for it to be sorted. Also email the salesman a copy of the review just in case its not monitored.

Reactions: Ted
Unfortunately the issues that were promised to be addressed were above my knowledge to acknowledge on collection , I contacted 3rd parties that were involved , supposedly of carrying out work that was confirmed by Mercedes by email, and they confirmed it hadn’t been done . It’s been a disgraceful service from sales to management to complaints. Never again .

Unfortunately, your story is very common.

From other members experience:

1. Complaining to the dealer and/or Mercedes Customer Services is unlikely to yield any results.

2. Writing a bad review on TrustPilot and/or Google usually works, but be polite and stick to the facts or you'll get a letter from the dealer's legal department.

3. The most effective route is rejecting the vehicle, and the sooner the better.

Best of Luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom