Banging noise inside the car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aded

Car
W204 C180 2012
Hi all, just to share this experience with others,
On Tuesday Morning,I noticed a banging noise like flappy from my dashboard when ever I step o brake.my car is w204 2012, I parked check the tyres I notice my mod flap a bit broken.I removed it from persenger side.but the noise continued, each time I step on brake.like to plastic inside the dash board passenger side. Later in the evening I removed my left side tyre checked all ok.I removed the battery cover bcos like the noise was coming from that end but no luck.I left the car park all my tools.gave up.One hour later I went back, sat at the driver side and taught about my movement previous day, there was no noise when I parked the car. I remembered I went to car wash a day before and first thing I did in the morning was to put the air freshener that was given to me from the car wash.I took it off from my inside mirror droves the car and the banging noise went away.Air freshener with elastic was banging at the bottom of my inside mirror and the noise travel all the way to dashboard.Not a good experience. My son and my wife all helped to look for the banging.thank God all ok. Any banging always check everything.
Hope this help.

Hi Adad . I hope you have a flack jacket, if so put it on . There is a chance you are going to receive 'incoming !'

One ...for using a car wash

Two... for hanging an air freshener from your mirror.

Great fault finding by the way MB would have charged you £200 to look at it and another £3K for the repair . :banana:

Hi Adad . I hope you have a flack jacket, if so put it on . There is a chance you are going to receive 'incoming !'

One ...for using a car wash

Two... for hanging an air freshener from your mirror.

Great fault finding by the way MB would have charged you £200 to look at it and another £3K for the repair . :banana:
👏

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom