Bank holiday driving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zoros

Car
SL55 AMG
Brings out the dross in droves, doesn't it.
Unfortunately even though, given the choice, I'd stay at home, I had to get from a to b on several occasions and therefore am forced to mingle with these morons.
Kia's/town cars/micra's/alto's/etc etc. First warning that your journey may be impeded in some form or shape. Sure enough, as you queue behind them on an A road with a 60 mph speed limit - they are doing between 40 and 50.
Then there is the car with cuddly toys littering the back shelf, blanking out the lower half of the rear window.
The geek who sticks his fone sucker - slap bang in the middle of the wondscreen half way up - completely generating the perfect blind spot.
The driver (usually a woman) who dangles some perfume bottle or jewellry from the rear view mirror. The perfect distraction.
The moron who rides their brakes at every twist or turn and on ALL bends!
The prat who overtakes on the motorway at 70mph +/- 1mph.
The increasing number of a**holes who hog the centre lane on motorways having complete disregard for those around them and certainly having no comprehension of the effing Rules of the Road/Law.
Lorry drivers who "go for it" on a dual carriageway, pulling out and formating on another lorry on the inside lane for the next 2 to 3 miles!! Not 2mph difference between them.

God - I miss the old days when there were far fewer cars on the roads and those on the roads were concentrating on what they should be doing: driving FFS.

There..................I feel better now.....

Nothing like a good old MBclub rant :D

Unfortunately I see driving like this on a daily basis :(

I was travelling on the M40 around 7:45am, the amount of lane hoggers in the middle lane doing 65.... i lost my nut!

Totally understand how you feel. I wish we had some german driving discipline.... OR the police/highways officer being able to send Fixed penalty notices to drivers who lane hog.....(the amount of times i've seen police just ignore it)

I spent the whole day on my sunny drive giving a client's car The Works. Had Radio2 on and would chuckle every time I heard the traffic news. All those roads, still familiar to me, chock a block, m25, m3, A5, a303 north circular, m1!
Oh how I love living in the Highlands away from such roads!
(having said that, we're now in campervan / foreign tourists in hire car season now!) ;)

(having said that, we're now in campervan / foreign tourists in hire car season now!) ;)

& those people that forget to drive on the left.....

Had a pillock in a 19 plate MB GLE pull out across me on a roundabout this morning.... had to brake :wallbash: .... they’re everywhere!

I do my bi-weekly stints round the M25 and down the M4 and there's always a few of the types mentioned in the first post.

Satnav/Dashcam muppets - That's right, position a brightly lit LED screen right in the centre of your windscreen. Makes completely sense, to no one!

Middle lane morons - Yep, the stereotypical middle lane types. Set cruise control to 70mph and sail past them whilst they aimlessly sit in the middle of a clear motorway.

The trouble you have with bank holidays or summer holidays is that you suddenly have an influx of people who don't usually use the motorway. When most of the people on the roads do these journeys out of necessity the muppets are in the minority. Come certain times of the year and you're outnumbered by people who are suddenly doing a long motorway drive having not used a motorway for ages!

Unfortunately even though, given the choice, I'd stay at home, I had to get from a to b on several occasions and therefore am forced to mingle with these morons.
Kia's/town cars/micra's/alto's/etc etc. First warning that your journey may be impeded in some form or shape. Sure enough, as you queue behind them on an A road with a 60 mph speed limit - they are doing between 40 and 50.
Then there is the car with cuddly toys littering the back shelf, blanking out the lower half of the rear window.
The geek who sticks his fone sucker - slap bang in the middle of the wondscreen half way up - completely generating the perfect blind spot.
The driver (usually a woman) who dangles some perfume bottle or jewellry from the rear view mirror. The perfect distraction.
The increasing number of a**holes who hog the centre lane on motorways having complete disregard for those around them and certainly having no comprehension of the effing Rules of the Road/Law.
Lorry drivers who "go for it" on a dual carriageway, pulling out and formating on another lorry on the inside lane for the next 2 to 3 miles!! Not 2mph difference between them.

God - I miss the old days when there were far fewer cars on the roads and those on the roads were concentrating on what they should be doing: driving FFS.

I do believe I met the same set of morons heading to Greenfield and back yesterday! Seems that was their only day on the road this year (or ever)- aholes dodging over 3 x roundabout lanes or staying left to go right...blinking heck

Most annoying thing on Monday was being sat at 40mph for miles in deserted roadworks on the A14.

Middle lane hoggers. My hatred for them runs almost as deep as that which I have for club cyclists.
I would like to formally copyright the use of sin bin pull-off areas whereby the forthcoming black boxes or some overhead gantry system pulls up the number plate of any serial offender and causes them to pull off the motorway into said sin bin (the penalty for non compliance being 1 point on the licence). Whilst in said sin bin the offender gets to view a printout of the reason why they were stopped - Middle lane hogging; tailgating; wearing a loud shirt in a public place etc.
They then get 15 minutes to let it all sink in before being allowed to continue their journey. Costa coffee taking good care of the abundance of customers and 15 minute breaks to supply calming coffee and treats at a fair non-motorway services price.
I really do believe that the best way to improve standards would be to simply penalise the twats by making their journeys longer.
Debate.....

Had a pillock in a 19 plate MB GLE pull out across me on a roundabout this morning.... had to brake :wallbash: .... they’re everywhere!

Nice car though :cool::D

Good, eloquent rant. I couldn't have said this better myself.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Reactions: 219

you mean more than my wife jeeez!!!lol

Middle lane hoggers. My hatred for them runs almost as deep as that which I have for club cyclists.
I would like to formally copyright the use of sin bin pull-off areas whereby the forthcoming black boxes or some overhead gantry system pulls up the number plate of any serial offender and causes them to pull off the motorway into said sin bin (the penalty for non compliance being 1 point on the licence). Whilst in said sin bin the offender gets to view a printout of the reason why they were stopped - Middle lane hogging; tailgating; wearing a loud shirt in a public place etc.
They then get 15 minutes to let it all sink in before being allowed to continue their journey. Costa coffee taking good care of the abundance of customers and 15 minute breaks to supply calming coffee and treats at a fair non-motorway services price.
I really do believe that the best way to improve standards would be to simply penalise the twats by making their journeys longer.
Debate.....
My idea is to have a 1000bhp snow plough type vehicle that catches up with them and slides them off the motorway.

Yes. I reckon that the majority of road users are incompetent drivers (present company excluded):).

In that case they are normal and we are the weirdo element.

I'm going to switch sides, in fact I've already started. Drivers around where I live are too slow so I have started overtaking rather than stewing and tutting, the old grunters love it, you should see them flashing their headlights in appreciation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom