banned from public swimming pool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I can't say I am a fan of tattoos, but that is pretty impressive in its own way. Beats David Beckham by a very long shot.

try this,not sure if itll work
That's one impressive tattoo! It doesn't morph into an image of something else if you push your shoulders back, does it? ;) :D

Hope your better half manages to get things straightened out :thumb:

I'll say one thing whoever did that is some artist that artwork is absolutely fantastic and whilst I don't have any tattoos myself I do appreciate the artwork that some people want to have on their body. I have seen some really offensive ones but that certainly is not one of them.

Unfortunately this banning or wanting tattoos covered up is spreading there are several hotels around here and a load in Manchester that won't let you through the door if you have a tattoo. We were recently refused refused entry to a restaurant in a posh area of Manchester because my BIL has two swallows tattooed between his index fingers and thumbs these were the only ones visible and he has both arms full of them but they wouldn't budge and would not let us in.

I asked my pal the lawyer on the legalities of being refused and the proprietors are free to admit whoever they want and refuse entry without any reason what so ever. I'm not sure what the situation is with public amenities though.

I feel genuinely sorry for you that they have taken this attitude and hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction. :thumb:

Its a stunning piece of artwork which personally I don't find offensive in the slightest. HOWEVER ;)----------- its sheer size, vibrant colours and the fact that its " moving" on your body and depicts some rather fierce creatures might make it quite frightening to young children. There are other issues to take into account---- swimming pools are areas of "heightened sensibility" to body image --its almost inevitable when the norm is for people to be fully clothed most of the time and this may make some people overreact. Then there's the issue of who is in charge---- this is quite important in a swimming pool where a certain discipline has to be maintained in the interests of safety. By challenging the pool attendant's authority [ however junior] you were on a collision course with pool management. Its trivial really but I don't think you will win this one possibly only because it might set a precedent for other more risque tattoos?

It's a work of art and hardly something that would be viewed as offensive IMO... There are many kids cartoons, computer games and fantasy films that have equally graphic images.
Got to sting a bit having that done!
Good luck

I'll say one thing whoever did that is some artist that artwork is absolutely fantastic and whilst I don't have any tattoos myself I do appreciate the artwork that some people want to have on their body. I have seen some really offensive ones but that certainly is not one of them.

Unfortunately this banning or wanting tattoos covered up is spreading there are several hotels around here and a load in Manchester that won't let you through the door if you have a tattoo. We were recently refused refused entry to a restaurant in a posh area of Manchester because my BIL has two swallows tattooed between his index fingers and thumbs these were the only ones visible and he has both arms full of them but they wouldn't budge and would not let us in.

I asked my pal the lawyer on the legalities of being refused and the proprietors are free to admit whoever they want and refuse entry without any reason what so ever. I'm not sure what the situation is with public amenities though.

I feel genuinely sorry for you that they have taken this attitude and hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction. :thumb:

thanks,
jamie who did the work is an engineer on our sites,i saw a drawing he did and commented on it and he just said he did a bit of tattooing aswell,he now works in a studio in dewsbury,
hes never been happier,

I don't get tattoos, and without wishing/appearing to pick a fight with you, can you explain why you would deface your body in such a significant and permanent way?

For clarity, I ask sincerely, not provocatively.

I don't get tattoos, and without wishing/appearing to pick a fight with you, can you explain why you would deface your body in such a significant and permanent way?

i didnt start with them until i was 40,and then got a small one,
they just seem to be addictive,pain aswell,
all mine are unique and one off designs,
i like to think of it as a collection of personel art,

but i think it really is an addiction,

I don't like tattoos either but I have to say that's quite a thing! Why not print the picture onto a Tee-Shirt and then wear that...just for the knobble! :D

hmm thats a cracking idea,

also in japan they have now started to remove skin after death,to presserve family orientated tattoo body suits,
cant see my lot going for that though,

I'm not a great fan of tattoos either, but the way you have been treated is quite outrageous. This country really is becoming depressingly intolerant. Vive la difference, I say.

I don't like tattoos either but there's certainly nothing offensive in that one Gazz and cant think of sny reason why you should be asked to cover up on the other hand there's also some pretty offensive T-shirts you could wear!

...on the other hand there's also some pretty offensive T-shirts you could wear!
Some great examples of which can be found here

Warning: do NOT click on the link if you're easily offended!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom