banned from public swimming pool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I got ejected from our council run pool for videoing my daughter(and refusing to stop I might add) years ago.
I personally see nothing wrong with it whatsoever.
I would be inclined to go swimming tomorrow if I were you and see what happens - not wanting to be adversarial or promote challenging authority though!

I got ejected from our council run pool for videoing my daughter(and refusing to stop I might add) years ago.
I personally see nothing wrong with it whatsoever.
I would be inclined to go swimming tomorrow if I were you and see what happens - not wanting to be adversarial or promote challenging authority though!

You can't even video a school nativity play anymore...unless everyone agrees.

I'm another one who is not a great fan of tattoos, but that is a work of art.
Sounds like a bunch of jobsworths to me.

Edit: just had another look. Just what the hell is offensive about that?

Last edited:
also in japan they have now started to remove skin after death,to presserve family orientated tattoo body suits,
cant see my lot going for that though,

I was going to ask are you Yakuza, politely of course

Technically-- you would be ejected from the pool for not covering up a tattoo with a T-shirt when asked. The merits or otherwise of the tattoo simply don't come into it. Its the pool management's decision what constitutes offence not Gazz's They haven't banned him - they have asked him to wear T shirt. :dk: Likewise if some old reader of H &E Naturist Magazine decided to go topless she would be asked to cover up so as not frighten the more sensitive young men brought up on a diet of Maxim , Nuts or FHM . :p

With that tattoo you should be banned from the UK, never mind the swimming pool...;)

Are you allowed to wear t-shirts in a public pool? My local one strictly bans non swimming attire on hygene grounds.

I thi k you should go in all natural and really rock the boat!

Have you considered showing-up at the pool tomorrow with a T-shirt... and nothing else? :devil:

Brilliant tattoo, puts mine to shame, must have cost a fortune and taken a long
time, and the pain!!

I have no interest in tattoos whatsoever, but am thoroughly depressed by how you've been picked on. If my child collapsed into a terrified sobbing heap at the sight of your tattoos I would consider said child to be made of very poor genetic material and shoot myself.

Now that's what I call a MANS tatoo,carry on wearing it with pride,it's your body,no one can tell you not to expose artwork in public,enjoy your swim tomorrow.

Oh dear mate, as your lifestyle diversity advisor I can only express my outrage at the councils offensive and unacceptable violation of your human rights. I am sure you are 'outraged' and 'hurt' at being made to feel 'like an animal' by the actions of the council. Your right to live a whole and liberated lifestyle as a 'person of colours' has clearly been breached and this will have to go to the courts in order for you to receive the massive amounts of compensation you are certainly owed.;)

Nah, only joking...hmmm, hang on a minute though...:devil:

For the same reason as cigarettes are now hidden away, behind doors and away from younger more impressionable eyes. I can only assume that they feel your ‘body art’ maybe influential on young people and that they would prefer it to be hidden away...
or perhaps just too damn scary :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom