banned from public swimming pool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sod the public pool join a gym where it Will be admired by many plus you can work on that body a little harder than just swimming:D

Wear a T shirt with a copy of the tatoo on the back

There is also the "perceived risk" of infection. :doh: Newly applied tattoos are an open surface wound to the skin. It could be that an extensively tattoed individual might be hemorrhaging into the pool and this may be distasteful to some individuals. Couple this to a fairly unregulated industry with a history of links to Hep C and other blood borne infections and this again may be a trigger for an objection. :eek: Remember this is "perceived risk" not "actual risk " because its probably riskier for the tattooed person to immerse themselves in the bacterial soup of a swimming pool rather than vice versa. :p
The "trigger " for this line of thought and subsequent objection would be the sight of the tattoo which is why they asked GAZZ to cover it up. :dk:

As far as swimming pool management "policy" towards this type of issue is concerned I can confidently predict that if a "tattoo policy" did not exist precisely when the incident took place it will most certainly exist now! :ban:

Its very artisitc, one of the best tattoos I have seen..

Probably no more offensive than my hairy back!

But on a serious note, I can see how kids might be scared of it.. As someone says, you doing the front stroke would bring that picture to life and a 5 year old would be scared silly..

Wear the T shirt.
Piss in the pool.

That should give you a nice warm feeling.

I used to go swimming early every morning before going to work as I found it very beneficial to fitness and weight control. I gave up in the end and not because of people with Tattoos but because it would fill up with OAPs (no offence to non offending OAPs reading this) who rather than swim would stand at either end or in the middle of the pool just talking to each other or then swimming abreast very very slowly chatting. No consideration for people that were actually there to use the pool for what it is intended. The lifeguards obviously do nothing to ask people to keep moving.
No doubt when they get out the pool they go off to the doctors to take all the early morning slots so those of us that work cant get an appointment.

Sorry for the threadjack lol.

Wear the T shirt.
Piss in the pool.

That should give you a nice warm feeling.

As a qualified swimming pool manager, I have to tell you all that everyone involuntarily 'pisses' in the pool when they first jump in the water - that's why the chemicals are added for your protection.

As for the tattoo; I suggest a polite letter addressed to the pool manager, the chief leisure officer, and the chairman of the leisure committee (indicating in the letter the other parties that the letter has been sent to). Clearly set out the facts without getting angry, possibly including a photograph of the tattoo. It wouldn't hurt apologising if any unintended offence had been caused, while also asking why the tattoo is considered so controversial..

Send the letter by recorded delivery so that no one can claim that they didn't receive your correspondence. The matter may be cleared up straight away without any animosity. If you exhibit contempt for them in your letter it will only put their backs up.

Only when you have received their reply are you able to suitably respond. You may discover that the issue is easily rectified to everyones satisfaction.

For what it's worth, I am a Fellow of the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport & Physical Activity (CIMPSA).

I do hope you listen to spinaltap's excellent advice. The majority of suggestions by others have attempted to be humorous, but in reality have been counter-productive. I should think that every public swimming pool in the country has its own set of rules. Rules that have generally been put together to make the whole experience the best possible for the majority of users. If there's nothing in your pool's rules about tatoos then you have a right to feel agrieved. But you don't have the right to act childishly in response to a request. You mustn't forget that you DO have the right to go somewhere else (yes, I know, it may be inconvenient).

As for finding your tattoo offensive, I do. But I also find the sight of fat women in swimming costumes offensive and wish they could be banned from pools and beaches. But of course they can't, so I do the same as I do when I see massive tattoos: I turn away from them so I don't have to look.

VintagePoster.gif

Nothing on there about not having a tattoo of a dragon fighting a tiger or whatever's going on on your back!

As for finding your tattoo offensive, I do. But I also find the sight of fat women in swimming costumes offensive and wish they could be banned from pools and beaches. But of course they can't, so I do the same as I do when I see massive tattoos: I turn away from them so I don't have to look.

Are you OK with fat blokes in bright orange banana-hammocks ?

Brilliant tattoo, puts mine to shame, must have cost a fortune and taken a long
time, and the pain!!

18 months,

lets have a guessing game at price,and i guarantee some will be shocked,:D

There is also the "perceived risk" of infection. :doh: Newly applied tattoos are an open surface wound to the skin. It could be that an extensively tattoed individual might be hemorrhaging into the pool and this may be distasteful to some individuals. Couple this to a fairly unregulated industry with a history of links to Hep C and other blood borne infections and this again may be a trigger for an objection. :eek: Remember this is "perceived risk" not "actual risk " because its probably riskier for the tattooed person to immerse themselves in the bacterial soup of a swimming pool rather than vice versa. :p
The "trigger " for this line of thought and subsequent objection would be the sight of the tattoo which is why they asked GAZZ to cover it up. :dk:

As far as swimming pool management "policy" towards this type of issue is concerned I can confidently predict that if a "tattoo policy" did not exist precisely when the incident took place it will most certainly exist now! :ban:

i wouldnt ever have gone in pool until it was totally healed,and even then i use a tattoo salve to stop the chemicals in pool damaging the tattoo,

I do hope you listen to spinaltap's excellent advice. The majority of suggestions by others have attempted to be humorous, but in reality have been counter-productive. I should think that every public swimming pool in the country has its own set of rules. Rules that have generally been put together to make the whole experience the best possible for the majority of users. If there's nothing in your pool's rules about tatoos then you have a right to feel agrieved. But you don't have the right to act childishly in response to a request. You mustn't forget that you DO have the right to go somewhere else (yes, I know, it may be inconvenient).

out of curiosity,what do you find offensive about them,
be honest,
im uninsultable (made up word;))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom