banned from public swimming pool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
bit of an update

Sheila returned last night after speaking to the evening duty manager and advised that she should have a word today with the centre manager,
which today she has,the resulting conversation went briefly like this,

there is absolutely no ban on tattoos and the centre cannot make me wear a t shirt to go swimming (which in his words is dangerous),the only problem they have with tattoos is any that are racially offensive,which is where the lifeguards are getting their wires crossed,

he was very apologetic and even offered a couple months free swimming which i thought was good of him,

so im off in tonight for a swim and see how it goes

...which is where the lifeguards are getting their wires crossed,

he was very apologetic and even offered a couple months free swimming which i thought was good of him,

So pretty much as I guessed in my post #17 last night then. Really pleased to hear that it's been sorted out amicably and without resort to getting arrested :eek:

Enjoy your swim :thumb:

i wouldnt ever have gone in pool until it was totally healed,and even then i use a tattoo salve to stop the chemicals in pool damaging the tattoo,

I'm sure that you take all the precautions necessary but remember its " perceived risk" not actual risk that might cause people to complain. :dk: Glad you got it sorted out.:thumb:

touretes one is ace,:devil:

I took a lot of flack for posting a thread with a link to that T shirt.

Ironically the members who new people who have Tourette's showed the link to the people in question who all thought it hilarious.

Most of the offended seemed to offended on behalf of people they'd never met that might find it unpleasant.

Funny thing humour.

BTW, your Tattoo is so large is should be considered a mural.

Tattoos aren't my bag, I'd never get one done. I personally associate them (rightly or wrongly) with skinheads and fascists and people of that general unpleasantness. However, more power to you if it is your thing, as these days it's more socially acceptable, dare I say it, even fashionable.

I just remember seeing 20 something year old skinheads with a spiders web up their neck and face and thinking to myself, your going to look a right pillock when you're picking up your pension and the spiders web is sagging down your chubby jowls.

Last edited:
that was short lived,
bang on:bannana:

I nearly said £3k at first, my best pal has sleeves on both arms and they cost him in the region of £1600 iirc, he had them done in Manchester at that blokes tattooist off the telly.

Are you sure the offer is genuine?

2424694-shark_in_pool2.jpg

Tattoos aren't my bag, I'd never get one done. I personally associate them (rightly or wrongly) with skinheads and fascists and people of that general unpleasantness. However, more power to you if it is your thing, as these days it's more socially acceptable, dare I say it, even fashionable.

I just remember seeing 20 something year old skinheads with a spiders web up their neck and face and thinking to myself, your going to look a right pillock when you're picking up your pension and the spiders web is sagging down your chubby jowls.

I can't honestly say that I find a tattooed body offensive, but I do wonder why anybody would want to deface their bodies in this extreme way. Is deface too strong a word? Well if this sort of art was on a wall, it would be called graffiti, wouldn't it?

I was in a pub on the south coast this summer and there was a bouncer-sized guy there minding his own business - but his face, shaved head, neck, arms, hands etc were completely covered in the type of tattoo on Gaz's back. Not a square mm (that anyone could see) untouched - you could hardly pick out his features. Oh, and there was multiple body-piercing to complete the effect!

As an attention grabber, it worked superbly. Everyone simply stared open mouthed in amazement...fascination, revulsion, admiration...I know not which!

Of course, absolutely not our business, but the guy simply looked scary. If you wanted to make up somebody to be really intimidating then this looked like the way to do it. Was this the idea?

No offence intended to Gaz and I'm glad his swimming problem is sorted. I am just intrigued as to the motivation for permanently inking your body all over.

When I was in my twenties I asked myself "Would I want that tattoo when I'm fifty?" I decided I wouldn't, and now I'm in my fifties I realise how right I was.

Tattoos are a very personal thing and I don't think anyone needs to justify why they have them, and for the record; I have tattoos.

Tattoos are a very personal thing and I don't think anyone needs to justify why they have them, and for the record; I have tattoos.

I totally agree, but you must remember "A tattoo isn't just to win a bet, it's for life"

I totally agree, but you must remember "A tattoo isn't just to win a bet, it's for life"

:D

Thing is, I regret nothing in life, my experiences and 'mistakes' make me who I am. ;)

One reason I do not have ootats is becasue of my dyslexia. And yes I know because is spelt wrong - its just the way my fingers and brain blurt stuff out.

If there were no swear words what would people with Touretes say - just a thought.

:D

Thing is, I regret nothing in life, my experiences and 'mistakes' make me who I am. ;)

Ah, the classic sociopath ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom