banned from public swimming pool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ah, the classic sociopath ;-)

We should meet and discuss this with a nice meal of liver, fava beans and a bottle of chianti...:devil:

One reason I do not have ootats is becasue of my dyslexia. And yes I know because is spelt wrong - its just the way my fingers and brain blurt stuff out.

If there were no swear words what would people with Touretes say - just a thought.

Sushi apparently.

Saw (and heard) a bloke randomly shout 'sushi' yesterday, it was most odd.

out of curiosity,what do you find offensive about them,
be honest,
im uninsultable (made up word;))
It's just one of those things I don't like the look of. It's not a religious or cultural thing like the Thais who are offended by the soles of feet, nor a kickback (pun intended) to childhood like those who hate Brussel sprouts. But neither do I go into hysterics when I see tattoos, like those who dislike the look of certain foods such as seafood and feel the necessity to scream out their distaste.

Fortunately we all have different things we like and dislike, or it would be a very boring world. But we shouldn't expect everyone to like what we like. That's why I'll have the music turned up loud in my car when on a busy motorway where nobody else can hear it, but when driving through a residential area I'll turn it down low. I don't expect others to want to hear my music.

As far as I can tell from the brief look I was able to give it, artistically your tattoo is way better in my opinion than the works of acclaimed artists such as Jackson Pollock and, most certainly, Tracy Emin. Fortunately I can avoid their rubbish (IMHO) by staying away from wherever it's displayed. But I think of tattoos as pieces of art that the wearers want to display to everyone, whether they like them or not. Those that are kept hidden under clothing I have no problem with of course. Some small tattoos can even look quite attractive (on good looking women). I just hate the look of tattoos that cover large areas of the body. Purely a personal opinion.

I respect the rights of smokers to slowly kill themselves. But I wish they'd respect my right to not have to inhale their smoke, nor smell their disgusting breath and clothes. And I respect your right to do whatever you want to your body. Hopefully you'll respect the rights of others to not have to look at what you've chosen to have done to it any more than necessary.

I respect the rights of smokers to slowly kill themselves. But I wish they'd respect my right to not have to inhale their smoke, nor smell their disgusting breath and clothes.

Where does that happen now that smoking in an enclosed public place/space has been outlawed since 2006?

Where does that happen now that smoking in an enclosed public place/space has been outlawed since 2006?
It happens walking down the street behind someone smoking. It happens in the doorways of places where smoking is banned so all the addicts gather together to make a smoke screen that's impossible to avoid. It happens in outside places where you're sitting and a smoker nearby is holding their cigarette behind them because they don't want the smoke, but sod the rest of us. It happens indoors where smokers' clothes are impregnated with the disgusting smell of stale tobacco. It happens in restaurants in countries where smoking isn't banned anywhere. But of course most smokers have had their brains harmed to such a degree that they're unable to comprehend how much they're offending people. They're far worse than anyone with a massive tattoo wanting to swim at the public baths!

Rant over - your fault for setting me off! :devil:

But of course most smokers have had their brains harmed to such a degree that they're unable to comprehend how much they're offending people. !

It's alcohol that does that!
Remember when you were young and were told that alcohol kills brain cells? Something you had completely forgotten until you just read that. I wonder why that is.....

Gazz, I'll come swimming with you.... I have 2 full sleeves that also go onto my chest.... Absolute cxcks....

its amazing,been again this morning,
talk about being treat like royalty,even the lifeguard who asked me to wear the tshirt asked me for a photo of it,
i get the distinct impression somebody has had an asre kicking,

They got off lightly if all you took was a few free sessions - diversity issues are a career breaker, and if you had cut up rough, you had 'em over a barrel, any risk of a discrimination hearing and they would have been hung out to dry by 'the management'

Last edited:
They got off lightly if all you took was a few free sessions - diversity issues are a career breaker, and if you had cut up rough, you had 'em over a barrel, any risk of a discrimination hearing and they would have been hung out to dry by 'the management'

Discrimination on what grounds?

Maybe Racial, or ethnicity, or skin colour, or sex or even religion...but tattoo?

Think again.

I think the point is that it can be enough for someone to mention 'discrimination' to get everyone running for cover.

I think the point is that it can be enough for someone to mention 'discrimination' to get everyone running for cover.

That would depend on the Employers discrimination policy and discrimination Law.
I can't see telling someone to not display a tattoo can possibly fall under any such policy, other than one of causing offense to others so, if anything being told to cover up might be upheld .

On another note, do you know that Hippopotamus kill more people than Crocodile do.

Not sure what made me think of that...

On another note, do you know that Hippopotamus kill more people than Crocodile do.

Not sure what made me think of that...

...if we try really hard, i'm sure we can find that offensive...:ban: :D

to be honest i havent even taken them up on the free swim offer,the apology was enough,it just seems like a lack of communication on the management side,thinking about the night i was asked to leave i wouldn't have helped matters,i can start an argument with myself,
It is good to know though within a few minutes you can talk/type to people who offer sound advice for and against a particular subject on a forum dedicated to mercedes,:thumb::thumb:
Had it not been for that i may well have gone back the following night and kicked off,
i suppose my missus helped as well,better give her some credit she may read this,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom