banner missing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian B Walker

MB Enthusiast
Car
300-24, saloon and coupe, E300 24 valve diesel estate
I am on my laptop tonight and I notice that half my siggy is missing. Is this an act of the mods or is it this computer? Seeking guidance please.

What I see is some text first:

"www.124works.com
Web site Created by Andy_k thank you"

Then a green banner image "124works"

Then more text, in green:

"Expanded to take on cars of newer vintage
wink.gif

All Major Credit Cards Now Accepted"

If you are not seeing the banner image, your laptop browser could have images turned off.

Thanks mate, then it is this archaic laptop :eek:

I think that when the real Mr Walker changed his Avatar it went wrong at that point so it should be easy to find

Ian. It looks like you (or somebody else) hosts the banner image on a blueyonder file server:

http://www.gasara.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/1148490473.JPG

My guess is that the image has been deleted or moved from that server, and hence the reason it's no longer visible.

Guido can probably still see it as it has been stored in his cache (memory), and so he can still the banner even though it no longer exists on the server.

Whereas I on the other hand clear my cache hourly, and so my computer is none the wiser, and I don't see a thing except that there should be a picture there.

You just need to get whoever hosts the image for you to put it back where it was, or supply you with a new address for it.

Failing that, if it's been deleted good and proper, it may be possible to retrieve a copy from Guido's cache.

Guido can probably still see it as it has been stored in his cache (memory), and so he can still the banner even though it no longer exists on the server.

You're right, I didn't even think of checking that - not a great endorsement of my reasoning :crazy: - but the link is indeed dead. Emptied the cache and the images is gone alright.

Why didn't I think about this? :mad:

You're right, I didn't even think of checking that - not a great endorsement of my reasoning :crazy: - but the link is indeed dead. Emptied the cache and the images is gone alright.

Why didn't I think about this? :mad:

Arrgghh!! Let's hope IBW has the original!!

IMPORTANT

If anybody else reading this thread CAN see IBW's banner at the bottom of his post can you right click on it, and the select Save Picture As... and then save a copy somewhere safe please?

IBW may be very grateful if he doesn't have a copy himself.

Ian. It looks like you (or somebody else) hosts the banner image on a blueyonder file server:

http://www.gasara.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/1148490473.JPG

My guess is that the image has been deleted or moved from that server, and hence the reason it's no longer visible.

Whereas I on the other hand clear my cache hourly, and so my computer is none the wiser, and I don't see a thing except that there should be a picture there.

You just need to get whoever hosts the image for you to put it back where it was, or supply you with a new address for it.

Failing that, if it's been deleted good and proper, it may be possible to retrieve a copy from Guido's cache.
Ahh, thank you. It all makes sense now. Problem sorted, or will be in the near future.

Good work Guido!! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom