Barcode readers on mobile phones

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Does anyone else have one of the new Nokia's with the built in barcode readers? eg, N95 and N82 (Like mine) if so:

qrcode.png

You can make your own and post them here with THIS :bannana:

Does anyone else have one of the new Nokia's with the built in barcode readers? eg, N95 and N82 (Like mine) if so:

"image"

You can make your own and post them here with THIS :bannana:

If you are really curious and want to scan original codes - some of the ones that are too small to be read by phone can be scanned first and enlarged, if you can get them to a scanner that is.

Mike

OK... I am a geek!

I can read your avatar one, but not the other one.

Attachments

• barcode.png
    barcode.png
    229 bytes · Views: 88
What is the point of it? :confused:

Or is it just another thing that technology has decided we can't live without? ;)

Offers and special information/weblinks can be added with them to products. They dont need the information pre-written on the tills system like standard barcodes as the standard barcodes only hold numbers.

Last edited:
I can read your avatar one, but not the other one.

I think you made a mistake, I have corrected it for you :D

Attachments

• E55.png
    E55.png
    269 bytes · Views: 79
What do you make of the N82 Khz?

Excellent phone, so far I havent had any problems at all.

The phone itself is fast and so far bug free after the horrors I faced with the N70 and N73.

The camera is amazing 5mp with Xenon flash, 30fps video. Sat nav/Nokia maps is great aswell. phonejack & TV are great too.

Full internet via the wifi is excellent as you get a tiny mouse like cursor aswell.

100% recommend it, if your on Orange CPW do it as a free upgrade and its the unbranded/unlocked version aswell :D

100% recommend it, if your on Orange CPW do it as a free upgrade and its the unbranded/unlocked version aswell :D
I just renewed my voda contract and they've knocked £90 off my line rental, my mp3 player is falling apart (literally), my phone is a couple of years old (nokia 6021) and my digital camera is a 2.3mp HP from 2001 so I'm due some upgrades atm :)

I was reading about the N82 over the weekend because it appears to have a built-in GPS, which Nokia and Salomon have teamed up to promote with a bunch of maps, some online presentation stuff so you can show where you've been and they're chucking in a free Salomon rucksack.

You got a titanium or a black one? How's it look?

Nokia maps is included, for free you get basic GPS features (real time map display, long &l attitude location, distance recording etc. For proper Sat Nav its £47 for 3years (I havent bought it yet) but a girl at work has the N95 version and it seems excellent.

There are too many features to list, main ones are N-GAGE support, active screen switching (like the iPhone), MP3/ACC player with screen animations, latest Firewire version includes YouTube support...

Overall for me the best thing is the Xenon flash, finally I have a phone camera that is virtually as good as a 'real' camera.

This image was taken with the phone, all I have done in PhotoShop is reduce the size and remove the numberplate - note I havent touched the wheelarch rust :(

n82amg.jpg

Although the colour isnt as good as a 'real' camera so far, I ether need to learn all the settings or adjust it in Photoshop. - This was taken with the auto setting, im sure the picture would be better if I knew what I was doing when it comes to manual options.

Oh yeah, I have the Titanium version :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom