Barton Airport Manchester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Fingers crossed the weather is good.

Sounds interesting! Admission is a minimum £3 donation to the Veterans' Garage fund

Facebook link

Next meeting on Sunday 13th June. Last one was jammed solid with over 500 cars and a half hour wait to get in. Weather looks promising.

I expect it to be busy again. Shame because I can't make it 😣

I actually got to this today, though only as far as the road outside. The queue was probably around a mile, all the way back to the motorway and barely moving. I'd anticipated this so went round and came in from the Warrington end which, whilst being probably as busy, was at least moving in the outside lane of the dual carriageway so I decided to make my move and carry on going.

Driving around (albeit aimlessly at that stage) seemed much more preferable than sitting in traffic for an hour or so waiting to park up in a field. As it transpired, a nice trip was eventually completed, going through a few places I've not been to for many years and I managed to blow a few cobwebs off the car.

I'll now be leaving any meets until everything has settled down into a bit of normality again, hopefully in the not to distant future.

I actually got to this today, though only as far as the road outside. The queue was probably around a mile, all the way back to the motorway and barely moving. I'd anticipated this so went round and came in from the Warrington end which, whilst being probably as busy, was at least moving in the outside lane of the dual carriageway so I decided to make my move and carry on going.

Driving around (albeit aimlessly at that stage) seemed much more preferable than sitting in traffic for an hour or so waiting to park up in a field. As it transpired, a nice trip was eventually completed, going through a few places I've not been to for many years and I managed to blow a few cobwebs off the car.

I'll now be leaving any meets until everything has settled down into a bit of normality again, hopefully in the not to distant future.
Sons got there at 8.30 Dave and there was already a small queue. The organizers advertised it more widely this time which I guess reached more people. Some unfortunate owner got T boned outside. Hope it doesn't degenerate into the scenes seen at Southport last Sunday when the Police had to intervene and it settles down a bit.

I queued for about 30 mins, just made it in before they stopped people coming in. Think I'll stick to Sunday drives out for the time being.

According to Manchester Cars and Coffee Facebook page, the 11th July event will be prepaid ticket only, limited to 900 cars. £10 per car and you can only get in via the Irlam end, not from M60 end. Link for ticket purchase on their website. The meeting has become a victim of it's own success.

According to Manchester Cars and Coffee Facebook page, the 11th July event will be prepaid ticket only, limited to 900 cars. £10 per car and you can only get in via the Irlam end, not from M60 end. Link for ticket purchase on their website. The meeting has become a victim of it's own success.

I've never been, but to be fair a good part of the increase is due to the airport and police demanding more marshalling/presence etc. Also, I believe the private pilots were getting upset as access had become difficult for them

I've never been, but to be fair a good part of the increase is due to the airport and police demanding more marshalling/presence etc. Also, I believe the private pilots were getting upset as access had become difficult for them
Yes true, also Barton Airport have apparently started charging a large amount to the organizers for the use of the car parks. £10 for a days entertainment and use of the facilities is still cheap, especially as the price is per car. I hope it won't come to an end due to it being too popular.

Just a quick update for those who live in the Manchester area. Manchester Cars and Coffee, the organizers of this monthly event, appear to have parted ways with Veterans Garage and/or Barton airport and are currently in negotiation for another monthly event site.

In the meantime, according to Facebook, Veterans garage have formed another section of the charity and are planning more car/bike events, including resuming the monthly event themselves at Barton Airport, starting apparently in February. Entry £3 for the charity, a worthwhile cause. So hopefully back to normal.

I'd still be checking VG's Facebook page (a public one) before going though, since they have a bit of a history of double booking and cancelling events at the last minute.

I did wonder about the abrupt end of events. This did get very popular after lockdown was lifted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom