BAS / ABS alarms

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr tibbs

Car
S211 E320 Estate
Hi all
Well I really did it today :( We kept getting an intermittent "check brake light" alarm so today I decided to check it out as I thought it would be a bad connection. I did notice the other day that the rear right brake light didn't always illuminate when I was following my wife. I removed the rear right lamp and checked that it was OK which it was, I then cleaned up the terminals and refitted it. I had forgotten that the brake lights were on (I had pressed the pedal down with a stick and the engine was running, so they were powered up) and I saw a small flash from the lamp holder when it was inserted. I then noticed that the brake lights were not lit so I went to turn the car off so I could check for a blown fuse and saw the alarms noted above alternately flashing in the dash display, there was also another one (ESP??) but that seems to have gone since I fixed the blown fuse. I found a blown fuse, number 11 in the drivers side dash end panel and replaced it (7.5 Amp) with a new fuse, the brake lights now illuminate but I still have the two alarms indicated above.
Can anyone suggest where I may find whatever is causing these alarms please? I do hope that I haven't blown up something expensive..... :(
Sorry I meant to say that the car is a W210 E320 estate Yr 2000.
Thanks in advance

Keith

Last edited:
Sorry this may sound really obvious, but have you tried turning your steering wheel from lock-to-lock a few times yet ?

mercedescl500 you are a wizard.... I had just finished reading about this procedure but thought that it wouldn't cure my fault, don't really know why I thought that but I did.
Anyway, I just went out and cycled the steering wheel a few times and mid cycle it went "Beep" and the lights went out.... :)
Thanks so much, what a great forum this is. I can relax now instead of worrying if I had killed something really expensive.....
Thanks again

Keith

mr tibbs said:
mercedescl500 you are a wizard.... I had just finished reading about this procedure but thought that it wouldn't cure my fault, don't really know why I thought that but I did.
Anyway, I just went out and cycled the steering wheel a few times and mid cycle it went "Beep" and the lights went out.... :)
Thanks so much, what a great forum this is. I can relax now instead of worrying if I had killed something really expensive.....
Thanks again

Keith

Thanks Keith. We all help each other here. Granted forum politics can drive anyone insane at times, it's still a good forum to be part of. Stick around buddy.

Ricky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom