BAS and ASR Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ali E300TD

Car
W210 300TD om606.962
Hello!!

My 98 210 E300TD started showing warnings lights for BAS and ASR on today's first start of the day.

Would anyone knows whats wrong?? How can i rectify/get rectified the problem?

Appreciate the help!

Get the fault codes read first then post back the result.

Could it be the brake light switch (at the top of the brake pedal)? If so it is a cheap and easy fix at home.

Does the Cruise control work?

ditto above, about £4 + VAT part and a few minutes to fit, had the same on my E55

Mine went too with the same symptoms. Simple to fix if it is the problem and ECP had the parts in stock :)

I also had the brake light switch issue, dead cheap and easy to cure. Would definatly try that first.

I have cruise control in my car but i havn't checked if it is still working or not. I will check the brake switch. If my rear brake lights are working, can the switch still be faulty?

I think so, I think there is two switches if I remember right, one for the lights and one for all the other systems that are not working, when mine went I had no cruise or ABS so by jamming the wheels on they should lock, but that could still be an ABS sensor, seeing as the switch is so cheap I would try that first,

I think so, I think there is two switches if I remember right, one for the lights and one for all the other systems that are not working, when mine went I had no cruise or ABS so by jamming the wheels on they should lock, but that could still be an ABS sensor, seeing as the switch is so cheap I would try that first,

I would definitely change the switch first as it is cheap and quick to fix. IIRC my break lights did not work when mine failed.

Thank you all for the input.

I have check a few things and the result is that my brake lights are working. ABS works too but the cruise control and traction (ASR) are offline.

Replacing the switch is easy but i would like to rule out all other things as getting parts for my car here is a problem and i will have to ask someone to get them from somehere else. So please let me know what else can go wrong.

Had same probs on my wifes last e class a 97 model was brake switch, lost cruise and traction, but brake lights still worked, then same fault on her Ml320, had same prob on my old discovery but cruise was okay but no brake lights, and same fault on mates 02 audi and finally my warning triangle came up on my car in France last week so will replace switch as its so cheap first.
Switch has 2 switchs inside 1 to put on the brake lights when pressed and the other to switch off cruise etc.

Lynall

Can some one please give me the part number for the Brake light switch? My chassis number is WDB2100252A619649.
That russian site is not working..?

I had a A class with the same problem, nice man at the Merc dealer in Stourbridge, advised me of the brake switch problem, it amazing how common this problem is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom