BAS and ESP Warning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorry I didn't see this before but I had this on the SLK twice - was faulty rear speed sensors. Both fixed under warranty. It might look like everything is working properly - but unless you hit the emergency stop/swerve type scenario you won't really know!:crazy:

Right, thats it, I spent half an hour upside down in my footwell and could not find the switch anywhere. Has anyone actually done this replacement on my model + year of car as im stuck now.......please help.

ps its a 52 plate 220cdi

Make sure the ignition is switched off.

Remove the underdash panel on the drivers side.

You will be able to see the switch near the brake pedal

Push the little tab in and twist it to remove

Removethe electical connector(s)

Install in reverse order...... Then

Roberts your mothers brother

Hi BlackC55

Ive done all that already including removing the sponge etc that surrounds the casing. I just can not see the switch anywhere, its really frustrating. If anyone has a photo of where to look then that would be great.

late 203 switch is incorperated into another switch on the servo.
get your fault codes read,could be a steering angle sensor fault
what year is the car ? 52 plate means nothing to me

stop lamp switch removal

Just having the same problem on my E320 CDi only my stop lamp switch has just packed in altogether,
you need to remove the panel underneath the instrument cluster, the switch is high up on the brake pedal arm, unplug the connectors, press the locking tab on the switch then turn it to remove it.

Just found out that my car does not have a seperate brake switch so this would explain why I couldnt find it. PS does anyone want to buy a brand new switch, i have one that is surplus??

well I did mention that to you in this post

yes as previously mentioned get the fault codes read,and post up the results,I can think of 2 possible causes,brake pressure switch,steering angle sensor,and more

Aparently its a fault in the servo. Expensive to repair and not worth doing as everything functions perfectly.

Have you tried turning the wheel from lock to lock? This resets the steering angle sensor on some models. (But if the sensor is at fault, I doubt it will make a difference).
Might be worth a try though?

Interesting this thread,so it looks like the car I have got needs a new servo, she will not be happy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom