BAS ASR light on 99 c280/ Stop Light Switch bad?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul88

I have that light on. The car has 49K miles and I was wondering if it could be the Stop Light Switch. The traction control does not work, and the light comes on only if I hit the brake and put the car in drive. Does anyone know where the switch is located?

Thank you
Paul,

Somewhere underneath the dash in the brake pedal assembly - sounds likely to me !

I think somebody was going to do a HOW TO on this at some point ....

I had a how to on it, but they were not my pictures so it was decided it couldnt be used. Ill try to find the link, if you do take the job on please take some pics so we can put them in the 'how to' section.

I might document this myself as it's a fairly easy job IIRC and I'm not scared of stripping the interior out of my car :)

It took 5 min to do it. It's right under the dash, well problem solved. Thanks for your help people.

Sorry Paul - simply not good enough - you have to take pictures along the way for the rest of us to look at !! :p

Glad you found it and got it sorted though !

S.

Paul88 said:
I have that light on. The car has 49K miles and I was wondering if it could be the Stop Light Switch. The traction control does not work, and the light comes on only if I hit the brake and put the car in drive. Does anyone know where the switch is located?

I had the same problem.
Diagnosed on a puter by a helpfull indi in wimbledon (James Leigh).
Showed up as open circuit in stop lamp switch.
Croydon stealers had it in stock £11

Happy bunny now

Last edited:
Had same prob touring in France. Traction control faulty, ABS warning light came on. Dealer changed stop-light relay and all was sweetness, except for the 100 Euro bill and the three hour delay. They actually down tools for a two hour lunch break in France. For real!

If I'd summoned roadside assistance and been trailered in instead of limping to the dealer, Mobilio would have refunded the cost, as I learned too late. :mad:
(But I got a two hour lunch break too as we had nowhere to go. Which was nice.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom