BAS/ESP/ABS warning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

punitsu

While driving got BAS/ESP warning and the brake pedal became soft and brakes failed. got the front pad changed (were due anyway). been told to change ESP unit/change brake pressure sensor switch/ needs bleeding? any suggestion?

The ESP light is possibly the brake light switch under the dash. Any brake failure is something else. Get the system bled then if there is still a problem look further, such as master cylinder failure.

The master cylinder has been changed, do you need to bled if the front pads are changed?

The garage said they can only bleed two wheels(driver's side front and rear LHS) after changing the master cylinder. The brake pipes goes through the ESP unit and then to the wheels. The computer check came up with three faults:
C1000 - control module
C1201 - ?
C1141 - brake pressure sensor switch
I hope this will help

Now sorted, got ESP unit from Dronsfield for £164 (the new from Merc dealer cost over 1 grand) and changed the old one. the brake is working fine.

I also have 1999 E220cdi, recently after starting the engine, the preglow light comes on and stays on for a minute or so and then the light goes off. every time I switch on the car this happens. any explanation?

How many glow plugs are there? the engine starts ok. the garage says that if the preglow warning light remains on permanently while driving it needs checking. The preglow light goes off, then I start engine and while the engine is on the light comes back again and then goes off after a minute or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom