Bas/esp light on

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jasons

SUPPORTER
Car
w204 c220 cdi sport
Hi my warning light came on yesterday after going round a bend,the cruise control still works as do the brake lights,i keyed off and on again when I got home and light stayed out,but came on again this morning as I was driving round a bend again,any ideas,i have searched the forum and most people say it could be the brake pedal switch but as I say my cruise control still works when the light is on.

Start the car and turn the steering wheel lock to lock...full right to full left...this should extinguish the light.

I tried that yesterday and this morning but light is still on.

Change the brake light switch , about £15 from the dealers , take your vin with you to order as they are all different.

Brake lights and CC will still work even if the switch has had it , so not a good indicator.

Get the codes read first.

As above. No point spending throwing money at the issue, get the codes read.

Trouble is most places ( not you ) are going to want £40 to even plug it in.

The gamble is that the £15 switch cures it , saving yourself the difference , but surely an old 202 is well due one by now and is the likely cause ?

We hardly do any brake light switches any more. We do plenty more wheel speed sensors, lateral acceleration sensors etc.

Fair enough

It cured mine

Thanks for all your replies,I myself am not convinced it is the brake pedal switch as it seems to come on when going round corners,I have it booked in with a local Indy on Thursday for a gearbox oil and filter change and he is going to code read it as well,what is the lateral sensor?.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom