BAS ESP Problem - one wheel brakes hard

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Antharvey

Car
Ml270
Hi - Im having a problem and looking for help if possible. I have a 2000 ML270, it has recently started aggressively braking the drivers side front wheel as I am traveling a low speeds (this is without me using the brakes and traveling in a straight line). Its clearly not safe to drive so I have left it with my local garage, they have read the codes (via a snap on diagnostic tool) to be a problem with the Yaw sensor. They cleared the codes and put in a replacement sensor but the second time I drove the car it did the same thing. Note: The ESP BAS light comes on at startup and the triangle warning light comes on as it starts braking itself. The switch to turn off the ESP has no effect either way. The fault also seems to be intermittent but frequent. Any ideas, thanks in advance.

Do you know what the codes were?

I dont know the codes but Im hoping to speak with the mechanic soon. It seems a shame but I think if it cant be sorted out soon I will have to break it.

The code is being read from a snap-on diagnostic and is N64 (Yaw Sensor Fault) - my mechanic has suggested that I see a MB specilast

The code is being read from a snap-on diagnostic and is N64 (Yaw Sensor Fault) - my mechanic has suggested that I see a MB specilast

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom