BAS,ESP,Tyre Pressure inoperative..does it have to be reset with diagnostic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

uk174

Car
,190cosworth,420 sl,
Morning folks,
I have had a class 2009 c200cdi parked up for the best part of 7 months during which time the battery has gone flat.I have the BAS,ESP lights and tyre pressure system inoperative light on the dash.I have been recharging the battery and thought the charge now reads 12.2 v before cranking the car and 13.5/14v once started, my question is ..should these lights go out automatically?
I have tried turning the steering wheel full lock to the left and right but no joy.Is the initial battery charge sufficient or do I need a new battery.Do the lights need to be reset using a diagnostic..star.
Also have noticed that after running for about 15 mins the car seems to go into limp mode in that the kick down doesnt seem to be there.Would anyone be able to tell me if these are all related to the battery and that the car has been standing for so long.
Simply put ..would a new battery fix this or is it aa trip to the garage?
Many thanks for your input.

Keep charging the battery until you have 12.7v. Then its fully charged.
I fancy your battery has not reacted well to being flat for so long. 12.2v is getting close to flat again.
Those warning messages should disappear with a fully charged battery and a short drive.
Low voltage really does mess with Mercedes cars.

Keep charging the battery until you have 12.7v. Then its fully charged.
I fancy your battery has not reacted well to being flat for so long. 12.2v is getting close to flat again.
Those warning messages should disappear with a fully charged battery and a short drive.
Low voltage really does mess with Mercedes cars.
Thank you,I will get a new battery and take it from there.

And get the fault codes read. I suspect something isn't quite right like a wheel speed sensor.

Brake light switch also creates those error codes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom