BAS ESP Warning Light on 202

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blackie c200

I know that this issue had been discussed a lot but I just want to get opinion from you guys. Previously had the warning light and thought that it was caused byweak original battery ( 5 years old). Sent the car to indy to check the fault and changed the battery but the indy can't determined the fault, said something about stering angle sensor fault and many other fault appeared. He however clearer all the fault. Said to come back if warning light appear, I should visit him again. The warning light appeared now for 10 times from time to time. Reading from the forum about the faulty brake switch, changed it yesterday and still it appeared after driving the car for a while. Tried moving the stering lock to lock and then shut down the engine. The fault cleared after shutting down the engine but will appear after sometime. Now, is there anything else, I should be aware that can cause the warning light to reappear ? I want to be certain of the fault so that when I sent the car again to the indy, I will not be screwed. Or I should sent back the car to the indy and ask him to run the diagnostic ? I certainly welcome your views and apologise for the long and winded thread.

Blackie C200 :)

BAS ESP light

The fault is with a relay on the ESP BAS system inside the relay fuse box. There is another relay of the same type in the relay box. Swap them over to proove the fault.

Your garage must be a bunch of tossers if they cant find this..!!

Good luck

BAS ESP Light

Many thanks tvcam. Sorry I am bit illiterate can you care to further elaborate it ? :bannana:

do you have cruise control and is it still working if not it could be a faulty new brake switch i had this problem ....it was the brake switch ......in the end ....also speed sensors could be faulty ......or crud blocking them up ....did they find any fault codes did they plug the car into a diagnostic.....

good luck mark

BAS ESP Light

Mark, They claimed they put it on the diagnostic and mentioned they found out lots f fault ie BAS, steering angle etc. Can't find the fault, which to my surprise. Changed the brake light switch but the fault reappeared.

Hi Blackie C200

I had a similar problem on my ML afew months ago.
One independent said I had loads of fault codes, and said the problem was probably a faulty wiring connection, but they couldnt find the problem.

Next independent sorted the problem, by cleaning the electrical connections to the ABS unit, and covering the ABS unit with a plastic bag to keep crap off the connector.

Hope this helps

Wobbly

BAS ESP Light

Wobbly, thanks for the info. I will definately tell the garage on Monday about the issue. It looks like my problem is almost the same as yours.

If it's not the switch, then it has to be one of the rear axle speed sensors.

Had this problem on a w208 and the first thing was brake light switch, but this didnt solve the problem. I had it put on STAR and it rear passanger wheels speed sensor was showing a reading of 0. Changed the sensor myself part was £35.

BAS ESP Light

Had the car back from the indy after 2 days. It was diagnose as lateral acceleration sensor ESP electrical malfunction code C1142 as stated in the report. The indy checked the code in the WIS but couldn't get the code to appear in the WIS. Had the sensor replace and the BAS ESP Light gone. Anyone know what does the sensor do and where is it located ?
:bannana:

glad it is now working.. nice one..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom