BAS/ESP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KBJ

Car
SLK
Hi everyone
I have recently started having problems with the Bas/ ESP light coming on a 320 SLK r170, know there are many threads from other readers but mine problem seams to be different. I will try and explain I can be driving for a long or short time sometimes the two lights come on without any other issues, sometimes the yellow triangle comes on and then the two lights, the worst is when the yellow triangle flashes the abs comes on and off in rapid session, then the two lights stay on and then drives ok. Two days ago the drakes on off issue is getting worse cars pulls and judders like the brakes are coming in and off. As anyone got any ideas, it’s already been to garage for electrical check, and 12 month battery, always serviced but I only drive around 2k a year

Last edited:
which garage did you take the car to.
Have the codes been read.
Could be the ABS control module, not cheap and needs marrying to the car.

You've been to a garage for electrical check but did you get any error codes read?
It's exceptionally rare for the brakes to be applied without the pedal being pressed, even on a car with SBC
I think you need to take it to a Merc independent and have the car diagnosed on STAR

which garage did you take the car to.
Have the codes been read.
Could be the ABS control module, not cheap and needs marrying to the car.
The garage was a local and recommended auto electrical, it went in for the wipers stopped working intermittently

Get yourself a merc indy who knows these cars and gas star. with all respect. An auto sparky sont help here much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom