BAS light on when press brake / Also Cruise control stopped working. Help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

the prince

Car
2001 CLK 230k
Mercedes CLK 230k 2001

I've had occasional BAS fault light warning and BAS/ESP during two years owned. Today the fault light comes on each time the pedal is pressed following starting engine. No physical issues noted.

On way home i've also found that the Cruise Control has stopped working. I've tried stopping car, starting again but it's not working. The speed limiter is working however.

Any advice or tips as to where to start. I guess hook up to Star is one, but just wondered if there is anything obvious to be looking out for.

As above probably brake pedal switch, cruise is part about of the same system.

Thanks for advice from all. I'll start with the brake switch.

Brake switch replaced. No malfunctions showing now but cruise control has not come back on. Does it need to be reset on Star or am I looking out for another fault that could have been caused by the brake switch failure? Help please.

Not really, might be worth getting them read/erased anyway, check that all your tyres are The same size.

Eventually took car to a local auto electrician. £30 to plug in Star and reset all old faults. No current faults found. In my excitment i'd not set the brake switch properly so it wasn't functioning right hence the brake lights were stuck on (oops) and the cruise control wouldn't work. They also soldered a wire on my new stereo loom and fitted it in for me, for just an extra fiver.

Nigel Grayson's Auto Electrician's (Sheffield) come recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom