bas release switch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tinabob

Car
CL500 2004
My cl500 2004 has intermittent bas/esp fault, have tried all usual remedies but no success, diagnosed as bas release switch which Indy said requires new servo, can anyone tell me if there is any other cure ?

bas/esp comes up as malfunction, visit workshop though there appears to be no faults of any kind ?

Is it BAS/ESP fault, or ABS/ESP?

BAS and ABS are two separate systems.

Not sure how this was diagnosed, but some common reasons for ESP-related errors are:

- Faulty brake light switch under brake pedal

- Low battery voltage

- Faulty ABS sensor

As for BAS, my understanding is that it is bolted-on at the front of the servo unit just under the master cylinder, not sure why it can't be purchased separately.

Fault showed up as two malfunctions alternating between bas and esp, diagnosed on star, according to Indy part cannot be sourced other than Mercedes and they do not supply switch separate but as part of servo at £630 plus vat ?
Brake light switch has been replaced.

Fault showed up as two malfunctions alternating between bas and esp, diagnosed on star, according to Indy part cannot be sourced other than Mercedes and they do not supply switch separate but as part of servo at £630 plus vat ?
Brake light switch has been replaced.

I don't know if this is true, but even so, surely you can buy a second hand one from eBay or breakers yard?

Has anyone changed bas release switch on servo and how is it done ?

My 2003 500 CL has just started to show all three : BAS - ABS & ESP all flashing up in turn - and the steering has gone all heavy
I had two new rear tyres fitted yesterday
Drove 65 miles in teeming rain switched all off for an hour and then a few minutes later all three lights are taking it in turn to flash on and off
Got to be connected with the wheels coming off for the new tyres - any thoughts gratefully received- thanks 777amo Andrew

If it is the sensor (only ever had the fault on a aclass) it is indeed part of the servo, I'm sure there must be a few breaking now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom