Basic DVD recorder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lotusmark2

MB Enthusiast
Car
Fiat 500, Mercedes B200
Hi all

I am looking to get a basic dvd recorder, no need for posh sound etc just needs to be multiregion, any recommendations?

Oh and can anyone explain how they work, is it just like a vcr?
Thanks
Mark the ludite

edit
IF ANYONE IS UPGRADING LET ME KNOW ;)

Last edited:
Just like a vcr Mark. Mine's a Phillips. Cost iro £100 and does the job nicely.

The only snag with them is you want to record corry, then it goes onto a disc. Why not pay that touch extra and go for a hard drive to record all of the rubbish, DVD's are so cheap, the last batch I paid £9 each for them.

The only snag with them is you want to record corry, then it goes onto a disc. Why not pay that touch extra and go for a hard drive to record all of the rubbish, DVD's are so cheap, the last batch I paid £9 each for them.

If you buy re-writable discs then it's not an issue.

I have Sky+ so already have the hard drive to record and watch the basic everyday stuff. The DVD recorder just get's used to record stuff for other folk:rolleyes: and the stuff we want to keep;) . But I always use re-writables so it's not at all wasteful.

I have Sky+ so already have the hard drive to record and watch the basic everyday stuff. The DVD recorder just get's used to record stuff for other folk:rolleyes: and the stuff we want to keep;) . But I always use re-writables so it's not at all wasteful.

Very true :) :)

We're just looking for something to copy programme that we will want to watch again onto, we'll still keep the VCR for everyday stuff.

I have an issue with Sky+ I think I pay them enough already without additional charges for multiroom which I don't want. Also if I have stuff on DVD I can watch it either at home on away on business.

i have the v+ box and you can record from the v+ hard drive direct onto the dvd recorder ... bet the sky+ will do that as well

i have the v+ box and you can record from the v+ hard drive direct onto the dvd recorder ... bet the sky+ will do that as well

It will and it does.;)

OK after seeing the quality of the DVD Pammy recorded for me we want one!

So I have a vote for Philips from Pammy any more opinions peeps?

Mark

Mine's the Phillips DVDR3380

Amazon do it for £105 but Dabs.com are doing it for £54 - bargain!!!!!! Buy one.

Mark

Amazon do it for £105 but Dabs.com are doing it for £54 - bargain!!!!!! Buy one.

Thanks Pammy,
I am very impressed by your dvd quality!
I have been out this afternoon and have joined the modern world with a Samsung 155 dvdr. It has all the modern connections for hd tv and I had a damb good guy at Comet educate me as to the + and - of the dvdr world.

That said I did push the boat out with some new Scart leads
Monster series 3 scart leads at £60 each!!!!!!! the dvdr cost £129 and the leads £120. I have since had a very nice lunch out and 2 1/2 bottles of Merlot so I shall set it up tomorrow and give some feed back on here.

Good stuff - enjoy!!

Mark

Thanks for that pammy, just what i was looking for:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom