Bastid Tesla is quicker than a 7g Gearbox....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There’s always an exception to the rule.
I’d be concerned about long term spares availability on a Tesla also, aren’t they dumping car production at some point and just solely making the batteries etc?

Edit...Vauxhall Cavalier spares readily interchangeable hhaaa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont think the model 3 is in C63 terrority performance wise
LOL. You've obviously never been in ANY electric cars! :rolleyes:

a Merc will still be going after 150k miles whereas a Tesla will be falling apart and have a range of about 3 miles.
This is getting silly now. EV motors and batteries are expected to run for 500k miles. Battery management and over provisioning means most will be at 80% plus after that mileage. You can't compare everything to the early Leaf which has known battery degradation issues, otherwise I'll use my old Honda K-Series engine to claim every Merc will have a head gasket failure at some point.

LOL. You've obviously never been in ANY electric cars! :rolleyes:

Oh I have, i have nothing against EV's just the Tesla looks. It will like it or not be the way forward - Imo in 5 years from now will be the time to switch as it were for me to EV the performance alone is incredible..

I'll just carry on chugging out for the time being.

Yep and it wasn’t repaired by a Tesla approved garage was it? More like in his own garage :D. Anyway I’m pretty sure his one worked on the Supercharger?
Yes it did work but apparently when Tesla get around to it the car will be blacklisted, could take over a year though so a nice surprise for any new owner.

Yes it did work but apparently when Tesla get around to it the car will be blacklisted, could take over a year though so a nice surprise for any new owner.
Yes but the car has been repaired in someone’s garage who is not obviously not approved by the manufacturer. Therefore they cannot deem whether it has been repaired to a good standard. If something bad were to happen at a supercharger people could be injured. :thumb:

Have never understood the negativity towards Teslas on here.
I think the negativity is based on the reality, they are supposed to be a premium product commanding a premium price. But any review I've seen stated the build quality is sloppy, spares are a problem to get, especially after accident damage, a car can be written off because replacement parts are not available and as courtesy car costs are mounting, it's cheaper for the insurance to write the car off. The infrastructure that exists servicing and repairing petrol/diesel cars just does not exist for Teslas, and will not for some time. They continually are bottom of reliability tables and that is for a car without an engine to go wrong! I'm not going to spend my money being a guinnea pig, let Tesla sort everyting out first and then I might reconsider.

Define ‘interesting’...?

A car that’s stupidly quick.... has.... excellent range

But not, I think, at the same time, and therein lies the problem (apart from all the others; see the post immediately above for some of them...)

I’m pleased I got to drive a good few V8s and other larger petrol engined cars when I could! :)

I still can; so I do. :D:D:D

And no, I'm not a Luddite (either General Ned or Lobsang; both are fictional...), and the day will undoubtedly come when I drive an electric car.

Just not yet...

Yes but the car has been repaired in someone’s garage who is not obviously not approved by the manufacturer. Therefore they cannot deem whether it has been repaired to a good standard. If something bad were to happen at a supercharger people could be injured. :thumb:
I'm not sure I get the point you are making.

Tesla is essentially the ‘Apple’ of cars, they get plenty of hate (mostly from people who would never buy the product anyway?!) yet will continue to do well and sell a large number of cars/products. The end...

You're not joking!
Typical battery warranty is 8 years. 62,500 miles pa?
You think they'd give a warranty up to exactly the failure life of their product? Do you understand how warranty periods are calculated by organisations at all? We give 1 or 2 year warranties at work for products that we've tested to 10 years in life testing. Fact is the bit of an EV which is different to an ICE will last 5 to 10 times longer, purely due to lack of moving parts and wear, it's actually possible they'll last a hell of a lot longer than that.

because Mercs never had any issues with rust or peeling paint :rolleyes:

because Mercs never had any issues with rust or peeling paint :rolleyes:
Never heard of a Merc rusting until it was at least 4 or 5 years old at least, how many months has the Tesla 3 been on sale?

No but they know how to build a car, Tesla are learning which is why everyone I’ve spoken to said how cheap and woeful they are inside.

No but they know how to build a car, Tesla are learning which is why everyone I’ve spoken to said how cheap and woeful they are inside.
I am spending long hours in a 19-reg Model X these days.... quite right.

Dont Teslas have aluminium panels that dent at the first sign of a stone or minor impact from a falling leaf?
And the thinnest paint known to man??

And after 8 to 10 years the Batteries are so degraded they need to be replaced? Which basicaly writes off the car? at 10 years old!! where do they go then landfill?

mmmmm They are a step in the right direction but we are still way off the end goal.. one step at a time I guess...

Dont Teslas have aluminium panels that dent at the first sign of a stone or minor impact from a falling leaf?
And the thinnest paint known to man??
Yes.

And after 8 to 10 years the Batteries are so degraded they need to be replaced? Which basicaly writes off the car? at 10 years old!! where do they go then landfill?
No.

We give 1 or 2 year warranties at work for products that we've tested to 10 years in life testing.

One rather wonders why the warranty isn't for at least five years, then. I'd have thought you would sell a hell of a lot more product if it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom