Bathroom Brands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abb

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes
Hi guys, looking for a little advice relating to bathroom brands. Am about to have my bathroom renovated and was looking at purchasing brands such as V&B, Duravit, just wanted to know are these really so much better than the likes of Ideal Standard, Hudson Reed, Twyfords and the like?
Does anyone know if the porcelain or vitreous china used, varies so much to justify the price differences?
As always, thank you for any advice offered.

Last edited:
Personally I think it's the taps that make the suite not so much the ware

Exclude Hudson Reed As they are not in the same league.
HR are a refinishing company who import cheap product
The other brands mentioned are all quality manufacturers.
They all have different styles and designs so it depends on what floats your boat.
Generally you probably will not appreciate the difference as much as your plumber will.
The better the brand the easier it is to install & make good.
the lines are usually straighter and the curves more uniform.
The extra components that go with them are of better quality also. so you would expect trouble free operation.

Budget plays a big part.
Usually I get customers who know what they want in a design or style but can't afford the big name price tag.
In these cases I tend to steer them towards Roca, Pura, Vitra and Rak.
But if you have the dollar go for your first two or even Kohler

Personally I think it's the taps that make the suite not so much the ware

True
you can make a cheap suite look nice with some well chosen brassware.

But there is a lot of dross about. I would suggest buying branded taps

True
you can make a cheap suite look nice with some well chosen brassware.

But there is a lot of dross about. I would suggest buying branded taps

Thank you gents. Have already purchased all the brassware, all from the Hansgrohe Massaud range.
Think you have confirmed my thoughts, V&B or Duravit it is! :thumb:

When I rebuilt my house in 2007 I opted for Duravit's Starck designs for all the sanitary ware. Beautiful designs, excellent materials, not outrageous prices, still all works beautifully. Can't fault it.

I equipped my house with all Duravit stuff, taps were from a different mix depending on budget, but the Starck and D code lines are excellent to my tastes.

We inherited Hansgrohe taps in our house.

12 years use on 4 sets of taps etc. and one of the aerators just went - £16 delivered from Hansgrohe directly (they have a website where you can look up the part and buy it) and working perfectly again.

Excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom