Battery change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

normanr

Hi All
I have a 2005 C220 CDI I need to change my battery so can I use my booster pack as a slave so I don't loose all my settings.

Thanks
Norman

battery

Norman yes you can. I made up a pair of wires and fix them to your booster pack .Then remove the bolt that is in the battery clamp and secure the wire one to red one to black. Remove the clamps from the old battery.Do this with power pack on. Mind you need someone to remove old battery and put the new one in place . You can get a battery back up tool from ebay.

Last edited:
You don't need to mess with the clamp - under the bonnet, should be passenger side towards the bulkhead, you should find a spare +ve terminal under a red cover. Connect to that and the top of the suspension. Just remember that the system is still live when you disconnect the old battery, so the clamps are live!!

Did this changing the battery on my S203 a few years ago, worked fine.

Hi
Thanks for the information I have found the red cover you said so that will be a nice straightforward battery change by the looks of things,

Thanks for the information guys
Norman

Would an 8 amp battery charger be OK as a battery backup tool?

Definitely not. the supply will be unregulated and not smoothed.

You don't lose settings anyway - at least I didn't when I disconnected-reconnected my battery, on my 2003 270CDI. All the radio stations saved (Audio 10) and configurations in the menu were conserved, the only thing I needed to reset was the clock and the electric windows open/closed positions.

On my 2005 CLK the clock set it self after reconecting the battery

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom