Battery charged to 95%

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Headhurts

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes GLC
Sorry but another battery charger question.

My car is a 2016 E350 Bluetec having covered 26,500 miles, it’s been garaged from new and not been chugged around urban environments despite the low miles, it has always started quickly so no battery issues so far as I know.

I have a very old Sparkrite 8amp 12 volt charger which when used threw a wobbly with lights on the charger display so I thought I would treat myself to a new smart charger.

After a bit of research I purchased a Maypole MP7428 smart charger which came 3rd in the 2020 Auto Express reviews.

Anyhow I put this onto the charging points as advised in the car handbook and it pretty quickly went through the preamble and did it’s thing and around 3 hours later when I checked it was reading 14.5 volts, 1.6 amp, 95% charged and still charging having not reached the charged state.

I left it on charge overnight and checked again this morning but the status has not changed.

Should the status have reached charged by now or is the battery not able to reach 100% for some reason?

I have researched the forum and Google but cannot find an answer maybe I should have left the car charging for longer it was around 24 hours on charge.

The charger is suitable for AGM batteries and has decent reviews.

Any thoughts welcomed.

Robin

Attachments

• 7D8C07AD-607E-47BD-A004-32AECE2187F5.jpeg
    7D8C07AD-607E-47BD-A004-32AECE2187F5.jpeg
    80.5 KB · Views: 11
Disconnect the battery from the car and then try charging it - it could be still live systems pulling the power down.

Thanks Larkone, a bit more research led me to a post that suggested disconnecting the charger for short time then reconnecting.

I did this started the car and ran it for a while reconnected the charger and about an hour later checked and it was at 100%.

Robin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom