Battery Charger / Conditioner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

manofgresley

Car
CLK 320 Elegance Convertible
Hi all.

Well winters coming to the UK, time to put my CLK 320 cabriolet to bed for a few month

I am thinking of buying a Battery Charger / Conditioner to protect my battery through the winter months of inactivity, as anyone any firm opinions about these gizmo's either positive or negative, if positive, which make should I look at?

I bought a CTEK 10A charger and conditioner (I had a Defender at the time with multiple batteries so wanted a high capacity one). I'd thoroughly recommend CTEK to anyone.
They aren't cheap but they are the dogs danglies.
You can get them in 5A and 7.5A variants too.

Hi all.

Well winters coming to the UK, time to put my CLK 320 cabriolet to bed for a few month

I am thinking of buying a Battery Charger / Conditioner to protect my battery through the winter months of inactivity, as anyone any firm opinions about these gizmo's either positive or negative, if positive, which make should I look at?

These 1/4 of the price of a ctek and every bit as good as one and the accumate equivalent

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/general-discussion/199221-aldi-best-buys-heads-up.html

Disconnect the battery.

I've had the SL on an Accumate for nearly 10 years. I got the optional wall mounting bracket for it ... the cable plugs into a flylead that's permanently attached to the battery clamps. Battery is 11 years old now so it obviously works ok :D

AccuMate 6V & 12V Battery Maintenance System

PS I was looking at TVRs at one point and a garage nearby that sold them supplied an Accumate with each one!

I've had the SL on an Accumate for nearly 10 years. I got the optional wall mounting bracket for it ... the cable plugs into a flylead that's permanently attached to the battery clamps. Battery is 11 years old now so it obviously works ok :D

AccuMate 6V & 12V Battery Maintenance System

PS I was looking at TVRs at one point and a garage nearby that sold them supplied an Accumate with each one!

Exactly the same set up I had until the Accumate failed after 5 years service. Now the XS one from Aldi lives on the wall where the Accumate used to live and all is good again :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom