Battery charger question!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Anna999

Car
C350e
Hi,

Can I connect a CETEC MSX 5.0 charger directly to my C350e car’s 12V battery whilst it is still in the car or do I have to buy the Mercedes battery charger to be able to do so?

I use my Ctec charger all the time. Just connect it to the battery and leave it.

As above, no problems
The MB charger is just a CTEK rebadged

You car probably has two charging points under the bonnet: the positive under a red sliding cover and then a bolt sticking out of the car body about 30cm away is the negative connection point.

Don't use the reconditioning mode when attached to the car but all the other modes should be fine.

If you look at youtube for Jump Starting a C350 you use the same terminals for jump starting for charging the battery.

Hi,

Can I connect a CETEC MSX 5.0 charger directly to my C350e car’s 12V battery whilst it is still in the car or do I have to buy the Mercedes battery charger to be able to do so?
Do you mean using a CTEK instead of the charging cable supplied with a hybrid car?

Do you mean using a CTEK instead of the charging cable supplied with a hybrid car?
That cable will only charge the traction battery. The OP mentions the 12v battery, which should be charged via the traction battery in normal use but can be charged using the CTEK connected directly to the 12v battery terminals

I've used a conditioner connected direct to the battery for about 20 years - first on my 968 coupe, then the 968 cab and currently the SLK (can't do it to the S204 as that lives on the driveway). Never had a problem - quite the opposite, car starts first time every time and I'm convinced it seriously enhances battery life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom