Battery Charger

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi,
Going to get a battery charger for my r230 is the CTEK MXS 5.0 charger the one required?
Consumer battery in the boot is a Mercedes Benz VRLA/AGM 12v 70Ah 760A.
My cheapo 6v battery charger does not even light up when attached, is does on the Fiat 500 we have..
Thanks in advance for any help.

This is what I use on my SL. Works really well, just plug it in and it does the rest.

LOL, you have a real bee in your bonnet about this, don't you! Yes, when the power goes off, you have to press a button to switch it on again. It's very laborious & time consuming, so I'm delighted that all the chargers you recommend all restart automatically.:) I sure wish my Sky box would restart automatically when power is interrupted - pressing that 'sky' button on the remote is a real pain...

It depends how the charger is being used. If it's for storage/maintenance on a garaged car that isn't used often (perhaps SORNed over winter) then it could be weeks before you spotted that it wasn't actually charging ... rather defeating the object of having it hooked up in the first place.

But no big deal on a charger that's connected for a day or two to recharge a flat battery (because you'd be keeping an eye on it).

My AccuMate works fine if the power is disconnected/reconnected, btw :D

It depends how the charger is being used. If it's for storage/maintenance on a garaged car that isn't used often (perhaps SORNed over winter) then it could be weeks before you spotted that it wasn't actually charging ... rather defeating the object of having it hooked up in the first place.

Exactly , only found this out with the Ultimate Speed when I borrowed the extension it was plugged into to mow the lawn and reconnected .

Surprised as every basic charger previously used , resumed .

So back it went to Lidl .

Hey, my 40 year old charger resumes after a power interruption - that would keep you happy LOL

old-198-charger-lores-jpg.80861

Lol , this is it the archaic ones are fine .

Made in England , you don't see that anymore, well except for my daughter !

AccuMate chargers are still made in Belgium(!) as far as I know. The company (TecMate) has been going nearly 25 years.

Hi guys,

I wish to connect my CLS63 to a charger as cold months coming and the car is not driven very often. As far as I'm aware the car has two batteries - one under the bonnet and one in the booth. Where I should connect the charger, to the front or rear battery?

As above to the rear. Do this on my SL as goes weeks in the winter not being used and works fine. Fit and forget. CTek chargers very good.

Many thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom