Battery connected to wrong terminals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikebee

I connected my battery to the wrong terminals on my slk 230 after the light bulb died in my garage ,yes a very stupid thing to do! The starter motor won't turn over and I am really worried about what sort of damage has occurred.
Can anyone out there put me out of my misery and offer any suggestions, my car is a 2001 model.

is their power going to ur dash? if their is ur doing better than me my steering lock wont even turn off :eek:

Thank for the link rob ,I have power to the lights indicators horn but the motor won't turn and the hood won't open ,a bit baffling to say the least!

Because we all make the occassional silly mistake, most manufactures design in measures to protect the car from us! so hopefully it won't be too serious.
When you try and start the car the ecu checks a number of things first such as the cars in park, key fob security, etc You'll really need to get the looked at by somebody who can read the codes to see what the ecu thinks is wrong and hence stopping the car from turning over.
Tracing what's got power and whats not, may be a start?
So far I've been really impressed with the Mrs SLK, apart from the rusty wheel arches!
Good luck
My local Merc garage have been amazing good! And even more surprizingly, really good on price, get a quote first though!

Thank for the link rob ,I have power to the lights indicators horn but the motor won't turn and the hood won't open ,a bit baffling to say the least!

Hi mikebee did u manage to get your car going? I have the exact same problem please help

Salam faz can u please help I have a SLK 2001 230 model, not cranking over and no ignition lights due to putting the jump leads on wrong way round.

Help please

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom