Battery cover

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glenavy-drongo

Car
CLK55 Cayman S Sport Ducati Diavel Harley Fat Boy
Does anyone know if the W209 battery cover is a standard size across all engine sizes? It's for a 55.

Thanks chaps.

D

Do you mean the 'filter bowl' (A203 830 04 40) that holds the cabin air filter?

My CLKs have this mounted over the battery but no other specific battery cover.

PS its the same part for all W209s.

PS It seems CLKs also have A 203 835 07 40 'Housing' listed alongside the 'filter bowl'.

Don't know what the differentiator is but both part numbers apply to all W209 models.

Last edited:
That's the boy! It was lost when I lent the car to a friend whose wife was in desperate need of transport and said 'friend' was asked to keep the car on a charger when it wasn't being used. The temporary loan turned into almost a year and I had to retrieve the car a couple of months ago. Needless to say, the battery was flat, filter (cover) was missing and no sign of the battery charger either. Also, she had been kept outside and not garaged as promised. 55 also needed a major service which he had agreed to carry out as part of the loan arrangement. You can guess how that went.... What had been a pretty minty car, ended up looking somewhat unloved and uncared for. So, she is booked in this Friday for a B service and an ATF change. Once completed, she is off to the bodywork shop to sort out a few bits and bobs.

Moral of the story is, don't lend things to people who don't give a stuff about your stuff!

Thanks Codger. I have spotted a part on Ebay and wanted to be sure it was the correct item.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom